videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 14 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 2 U cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder, if you want extra heat
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup red pepper, minced
- 8 U corn tortillas (or whole wheat or low carb)
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the onion, red pepper, and garlic and cook for 5-7 minutes until the onion softens. Add the enchilada sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and season with cumin and ancho chili powder for additional heat.
- Get out your baking dish and spray with cooking spray. Add enough sauce to just cover the bottom of the dish. Then begin assembling your enchiladas. Either microwave the tortillas beforehand for about 30 seconds so they are pliable before rolling them, or for more authentic enchiladas carefully dip each tortilla in the sauce before adding the chicken and rolling them up.
- Cover the enchiladas with the additional sauce, leaving some extra for serving alongside the enchiladas. Sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and toasty.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.