This past week I had a really long day and to be honest, I just wanted to eat all the bad food I could find at the end of the day. For me many times this involves either pasta or french fries, and pasta was definitely on my mind that night. However I have been trying to not give into cravings on nights like these and instead seek out a recipe that tastes indulgent but won't totally derail my diet.
Today's recipe for Cheesy Skillet Gnocchi is just that. Although it is a little higher in calories and points than my normal dinners, it is much better than most cheesy pasta dishes that can easily have over 1000 calories. I alos added lots of veggies to balance out the pasta and cheese. Everything in moderation.
Cheesy Skillet Vegetable Gnocchi
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 16 oz. prepared gnocchi
- 1/2 U sweet onion, minced
- 2 U zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups eggplant, chopped
- 14 oz. canned fire roasted diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 U garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.