videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Cheesy Chicken and Cauliflower Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U large poblano peppers
- 3/4 lb 95% lean ground chicken (beef or turkey would also work)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 14.5 oz canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat your broiler to medium high heat. Place the poblano peppers on a foiled lined baking sheet and broil for 5-8 minutes, turning often, until soft and beginning to blister. Remove and let cool. Peel off the skin (you can skip this but most prefer skin off) and slit open. Remove the seeds.
Meanwhile add the chicken to a medium hot skillet. Cook for 5 minutes and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 more minutes until no longer pink.
Add the tomatoes, cauliflower, cumin, and oregano. Cook for 6-8 minutes until cauliflower is tender. Stir in the cilantro and season well with salt and pepper.
Stuff the peppers with the chicken, tomato, and cauliflower mixture. Top with cheese. Return to the broiler for 5 minutes until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.