Cheesy Bacon Cauliflower Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 U ribs celery
- 1/2 U onion
- 2 U garlic cloves
- 8 U slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1.5 cups reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. flour (arrowroot for very low carb)
- 2 tbsp. water
- Salt and pepper
- 3 U green onions, diced
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Add the cauliflower to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Remove the cauliflower and add the celery, onion, and garlic. Pulse until finely chopped. You can also dice the cauliflower, celery, onion, and garlic into small pieces or if you plan to blend the soup, you can leave in in larger pieces.
Add onion, celery, and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the cauliflower, 2 cups broth, and 2 cups milk. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until cauliflower is soft. If desired blend with an immersion blender at this point for a creamier soup.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.