It may be likely that you have never actually had celery root, also called celeriac, but for any one eating low carb or paleo, it's a great little veggie to get to know. It comes from the same family as celery and has a similar, but more mild flavor. It's terrific mashed, roasted, or sauteed and a great substitute for potatoes in most dishes. Most often I use it in this mash when I get sick of cauliflower and want to mix things up. If you can't find it in your local store, you could also use turnip or rutabaga for this recipe.
Celery Root Mash
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 U celeriac, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.