Let's talk about tofu for a minute. Personally I have always been a fan so I am surprised when I see people almost scowl when they hear tofu is being used. However after longer conversations, usually they have only ever had mushy, flavorless tofu so it actually isn't so surprising they aren't fans. In my humble opinion, the key to loving tofu is either using a tofu press or towels to press out the extra moisture. This ensures the tofu can crisp up and that the inside texture isn't soggy, yes soggy. This simple tofu recipe uses cashews and coconut to create a yummy outside crunch and crust and then pineapple cucumber salsa rounds out the dish. It's fresh, delicious, and satisfying.
Cashew Coconut Crusted Tofu with Pineapple Cucumber Salsa
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 16 oz. extra firm tofu, cut into “steaks”
- 2 U egg whites, whisked
- 4 tbsp. cashews, chopped finely
- 4 tbsp. shredded unsweetened coconut
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups pineapple, chopped
- 1 U English cucumber
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 U lime, juice and zest
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.