Given how much I love coconut shrimp, I am surprised that I never thought to use coconut to crust fish. Since I wanted some extra crunch, I wanted to add something to the coconut crust and cashews seemed like the perfect thing to create a tropical dish. You can make this with pretty much any fish you like - haddock, cod, snapper, halbut, and even salmon. Then top it with the simple cucumber and pineapple salsa and dinner is ready.
Cashew Coconut Crusted Fish
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 24 oz. haddock (or any white fish, skin removed)
- 4 tbsp. cashews, chopped
- 4 tbsp. shredded unsweetened coconut
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups pineapple, chopped
- 1 U cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 U lime, juice and zest
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Combine the cashews and coconut. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Spray with cooking spray and press the cashew coconut mixture on to the fish to create a crust on one side.
Bake for 10-14 minutes until fish is flaky. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish.
4. Meanwhile toss together the pineapple, cucumber, cilantro, lime juice, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve over fish.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.