Happy New Year! It feels like forever since I have posted a recipe. With the holidays, lots of round-up posts, the launch of the new low carb meal plans (in addition to the regular and vegetarian), and taking a mini-break to relax between Christmas and New Years it seems like ages since we talked about recipes. So what better way to dive into the new year and new recipes with a delicious, nutrient packed salad made with quinoa, butternut squash, and pomegranate. It makes a yummy lunch or side dish and will keep in the fridge for a few days. This is also my favorite way to roast butternut squash if you are looking for a roasted squash recipe.
Butternut Squash and Quinoa Salad with Pomegranate
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (divided)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (I used rainbow)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Toss butternut squash with olive oil, 1 tbsp. maple syrup, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes, shaking once, until tender.
In the bottom of a bowl, whisk the apple cider vinegar, mustard, and remaining syrup. Add the quinoa, pomegranate seeds, squash, and parsley. Toss together and season with salt and pepper.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.