Buffalo Chickpea Wraps are a healthy, meatless meal that's ready in 15 minutes and full of buffalo chickpeas, carrots, celery, and blue cheese.
Buffalo Chickpea Wraps take everything you love about buffalo wings and wraps them into a healthy and delicious vegetarian wrap complete with blue cheese and all the trimmings.
I was never a huge fan of buffalo sauce until I met my husband who comes from a family obsessed with buffalo sauce. They seriously order 2-3 sides of it any time we go out to eat, regardless of what they order. It's a pretty universal dipping sauce for them and I have to admit, I have fully jumped on the bandwagon. It tastes good on almost everything. The unfortunate part is that it is normally paired with things that aren't so good for the waistline. You know what I mean - wings, fries, poppers, and more. To combat this, lately I have been thinking about other ways to use our beloved buffalo sauce and fell in love with these vegetarian Buffalo Chickpea Lettuce Wraps.
Plus they couldn't be easier to make. All it takes is a quick trip to the saute pan with onions and garlic and then a good swim in a bath of buffalo sauce. Now you could even cook this in the microwave if were pressed for time. I won't tell anyone.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced finely
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 20 oz. canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 cup celery, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 4 tbsp. blue cheese
- 1 U head iceberg lettuce
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Add the turkey and brown completely until cooked through. Stir in the buffalo sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. When ready to eat, serve the buffalo turkey mixture in the lettuce cups topped with carrots, celery, and blue cheese.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.