If you love buffalo sauce as much as I do, you have to make these Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwiches with Blue Cheese Yogurt Sauce immediately. They are so so good. The cauliflower is dredged in whole wheat flour seasoned with spices and baked until nice and crispy. Then the cauliflower is tossed in a classic combination of butter and buffalo sauce and topped with a creamy blue cheese yogurt sauce. So much vegetable goodness all packed in one amazing sandwich.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwiches with Blue Cheese Yogurt Sauce
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 U cauliflowers
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 4 tsp. butter
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- 4 U reduced calorie hamburger buns
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cut the cauliflower into steaks. The easiest way to do this is to cut the cauliflower in half and then cut two 1/2-3/4 inch steaks from each side. The stem will hold the steak together. You can use the extra cauliflower in another dish.
- Mix together the flour, almond milk, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Dredge the cauliflower steaks in this mixture, making sure to coat them well. Place on a prepared baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or covered in parchment.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes until cauliflower is tender and browned.
- Meanwhile mix together the buffalo sauce with melted butter and mix together the yogurt and blue cheese.
- When the cauliflower steaks are done, toss them in the buffalo sauce. Serve on the burger rolls (you may have to slice the steaks so they fit) and top with blue cheese yogurt and any other burger toppings - lettuce, tomato, red onion, etc.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.