These braised chickpeas in coconut milk make the perfect vegetarian entree and you will never believe that the dish comes together in under 30 minutes. Everything starts with onion, ginger, garlic, and a touch of red pepper flakes. Then then chickpeas are cooked until they begin to brown to deepen their flavor. Finally the spinach and coconut milk finish things off to make a creamy, flavor packed dish. While I didn't add curry to this dish, you definitely could add either curry powder or curry paste.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 U lemon, zest and juice
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 20 oz. canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb. spinach
- 1 cup. lite canned coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.