Although not the most creative solution, any time I am trying to make a vegetarian version of a favorite salad or burger, I almost always reach for chickpeas first. This is partly due to the fact that they rank up there as my favorite legume but also has a lot to do with the fact that they hold up really well and adapt to almost any flavor combination I throw at them. This recipe is a vegetarian spin on blackened chicken salad and works well in sandwices, wraps, and salads. One of my favorite ways to eat it is on a bed of greens with some sliced avocado. The spicy salad and creamy avocado are delicious together. This will keep for a few days in the fridge so plan on leftovers.
Blackened Chickpea Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp. nonfat plain yogurt (or low fat mayonnaise)
- 4 tbsp. low fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup green onions, minced
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (or more)
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.