- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 1/2 lb extra lean beef brisket
- 2 U onions, chopped
- cooking spray
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 2 U carrots, chopped
- 2 U green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 U jalapeno, seed and diced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 16 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 cups beef broth
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 19 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper
Spray a large dutch oven or soup pot with cooking spray and saute the onions, garlic, carrots, jalapeno for about ten minutes until the onions begin to become translucent.
Add the tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, beef broth, cumin, chili powder, oregano, paprika, and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to a simmer.
Season the brisket with salt and pepper. Add the beef brisket to the dutch oven and allow to simmer for between 3-3.5 hours until the brisket is fork tender.
Shred the brisket in the dutch oven and then add the kidney beans and green pepper. Allow to cook for additional 15 minutes. Enjoy.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.