Wowsa…Have I got a salad for you today! Chicken, fresh corn, peaches, a touch of bacon, cucumbers, crunchy Romaine, and cilantro all drizzled with homemade BBQ Ranch. It’s a salad that is almost impossible not to love and will please both salad lovers and haters alike. It also couldn’t be more perfect for hot summer nights when turning on the stove seems like the absolute worst thing to do. Seriously – just go and make this salad. It’s so so good.
BBQ Ranch Chicken, Roasted Corn, and Peach Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U ear corn (roasted or just cut off the cob)
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 3 U strips cooked crispy bacon, crumbled
- 6 cups lettuce, chopped (I used Romaine)
- 2 U peaches, chopped
- 1 U cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk, shaken well
- 3 tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp light sour cream
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1.5 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 U garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
Prepare the skinny ranch by mixing together the buttermilk, Greek yogurt, sour cream, parsley, chives, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. This dressing is best when it is refrigerated for at least one hour before serving. Stir in the barbecue sauce.
To roast the corn, place it directly onto a gas burner on medium high and turn every 1-2 minutes until charred. You could also grill it. Cut it off the cob.
Toss together all the ingredients and drizzle with BBQ ranch dressing.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.