Baked Chili Cheese Fries
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes, sliced into thin french fries
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp grill seasoning
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- Cooking spray
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Prepare two large thin baking sheets with parchment paper, sprayed with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, whisk together the corn starch, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, cumin, and ancho chili powder.
Then in a larger bowl, first coat your fries with cooking spray. Then add the olive oil, Worcestershire, and grill seasoning. Using tongs, toss to coat.
Add the cornstarch mixture and toss to coat. Make sure all the fries are coated.
Layer in a single layer (this is very important for crispy fries) on the baking sheets and cook for about 35-45 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fries. The thinner the fries the faster they will cook. Share around a couple of times during baking.
Once cooked, toss on the cheese and place back in the oven until melted. Dress them up with the scallions and serve.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.