I have always had a bit of split personality when it comes to egg salad. There are times when I absolutely love it and all of its eggy goodness and other times when I honestly can't even stand the thought of it. However lately egg salad has been back in my good graces and I have been loving using avocado in place of most of the mayonnaise. It's add creaminess and although it's still high in calories and fat, it's the good for you kind. Served traditionally in a sandwich with toasted bread and some veggies - delish. For a lower carb option, I also love stuffing it in tomatoes or wrapping it up in sturdy lettuce or kale leaves. A healthy and protein packed lunch.
Avocado Egg Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 10 U eggs
- 1 U medium avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp. reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. chives (or green onions)
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.