Stir-fries are one the easiest weeknight dishes in my opinion and this simple Asian and quinoa stir-fry with Chinese 5 spice is a great twist on a traditional Asian stir-fry. The Chinese 5 spice adds a lot of nuanced flavor with it's unique spice combination of cloves, cinnamon, fennel, star anise, and peppercorns. I recommend adding it little by little since it can vary in strength and while some people love it, others just like it as a delicate background flavor.
Asian Quinoa and Vegetable Stir Fry
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 cups quinoa
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (or more)
- 4 U cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. Chinese five spice
- 4 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 16 oz. Asian vegetable mix (choose one with cabbage as the base)
- 1 U red pepper, sliced very thinly
- 4 U scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.