Slow Cooker Goddess Chicken and Artichokes with Sundried Tomatoes is made with just four ingredients and makes the most delicious, healthy dinner. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
Slow Cooker Goddess Chicken and Artichokes is a Meditteranean meal that couldn't be easier to make with just four simple ingredients and four hours in the slow cooker. Serve it with some Easy Roasted Potatoes or Parmesan Green Beans.
Recipes just don’t get much easier than this 4-Ingredient Skinny Slow Cooker Goddess Chicken with Artichokes and Sundried Tomatoes. They don’t get much tastier either. The secret ingredient to this crowd-pleasing meal is to use Annie’s Lite Goddess Dressing—it’s just as creamy and luscious as the original, but has only half the fat and calories. I love the creamy tahini-lemon flavor the dressing adds to this simple recipe. If, perchance, you can’t find Annie’s Lite Goddess Dressing, you might try another brand or substitute any light creamy Italian or Caesar dressing you can find. The flavor might vary a bit, but you will still wind up with a tender and flavorful meal that comes together in minutes.
I’m a big fan of slow cooked meals. My afternoons and evenings tend to get pretty busy, so I am always thankful when I took the time in the morning to toss something into the slow cooker.
Throw this delicious and crowd-pleasing meal on your meal plan; you’ll be impressed by just how quickly you can toss it together, and thrilled with how fantastic it tastes. I recommend rounding out the meal and serving with low calorie mashed potatoes, couscous, rice, or cauliflower rice. Then toss together a simple green salad and you will be good to go!
What is Green Goddess Chicken?
The real question here is what is green goddess dressing since this recipe is essentially for chicken slow cooked in this delicious dressing. Green goddess dressing is a creamy dressing that is typically made with mayonnaise or sour cream, garlic, and lots of fresh herbs. Over time, many people also begin to make Greeb Goddess with yogurt for a healthier option.
In terms of herbs, green goddess can feature all kinds of fresh herbs and often includes chives, parsley, basil, and/or tarragon. Everyone makes it a little different and you can use almost any fresh herbs to give it its bright green color and famous bright, herby taste.
So now that we know what green goddess dressing is, green goddess chicken is basically chicken that is cooked in the dressing. It takes on all the delicious herbal flavors and is full of flavor.
What to serve with Green Goddess Chicken?
The sauce is the star in this dish so you want to serve it with something that can soak up all those yummy flavors. Try serving it with pasta, brown rice, quinoa, polenta, or even mashed cauliflower. Then to keep things light and healthy, I like to serve some veggies on the side. This Roasted Parmesan Broccoli is a great side dish option or these simple Sauteed Garlic Green Beans.
Recipe Tips for Slow Cooker Green Goddess Chicken?
- Althgouh I used chicken breast for this recipe, you could also use boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- If you can't find the green goddess dressing, you can make this dish with any light creamy Italian, Caesar, or Greek dressing.
- If you can't find jarred artichokes, frozen artichokes work as well.
- Look for sundried tomatoes packed in water to avoid the extra calories from the oil.
- To play up the Mediterranean flavors, you can finish the dish with some black olives and fresh lemon juice.
- If you decide to serve this with pasta, consider adding some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top before serving. It's also great with feta cheese or goat cheese.
- This recipe is great for meal prep. Start with a bed of cooked rice, add the chicken and sauce on top, and throw in some cooked green veggies. Pack it up and enjoy it for lunch all week.
- For extra greens, stir in some fresh baby spinach before serving. It will cook in just a couple of minutes with the heat from the sauce.
4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Goddess Chicken and Artichokes
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14 oz. canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup Annie's Naturals Lite Goddess salad dressing (or use Light Creamy Italian or Ceasar dressing)
Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the chicken and top with artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes.
Add the salad dressing and stir to coat.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.