The best Weight Watchers® snacks to satisfy every craving from salty to sweet to savory. Find all kinds of homemade and store bought snacks with SmartPoints® to stick to your WW plan.
Find delicious and filling snacks on Weight Watchers® that will satisfy your cravings and keep you full. When hunger strikes between meals, it's time to reach for a snack. However, if you are following WW®, you want to find point-friendly snack options that help you stay on track.
When choosing a WW snack, keep the following things in mind for the most success:
- Try to include protein, fat, and/or fiber in your snacks. This combination will keep you full and satisfied so you aren't looking for a snack 15 minutes later. 100 calorie snack bags may taste delicious but on their own, they won't fill you up.
- Always think about what zero point elements you can add to your snacks to make them more filling and nutritious. This includes fresh fruit and veggies on all plans. On Blue and Purple plans, also think about zero point protein options like edamame, chicken breast, canned beans, canned tuna, eggs, and fat-free plain yogurt.
- Keep a variety of snacks on hand to stay on track with Weight Watchers. Make sure to have grab-and-go snacks like fresh fruit, protein bars, string cheese, and packaged snacks on hand when you need something on-the-go as well as healthy snacks like hummus, fresh cut veggies, and yogurt to build satisfying snacks at home.
- Pro tip: Sometimes it is tempting to choose only zero point or every low calorie snacks but that's not always the best choice. Look for snacks that will truly carry you through until the next meal. These have a good combination of protein, fiber, and gat. Staying full will make it less likely that you end up reaching for unhealthy options. Staying full and satisfied throughout the day is one of the best ways to stick to the plan.
With that, let's dig into the best WW® Snacks!
Build Your Own Weight Watchers® Snacks
1. Veggies and Hummus: Most hummus on WW is between 1-2 SmartPoints® for two tablespoons. The exact number of points will depend on the brand. Edamame hummus is usually 1 SmartPoints per 2 tablespoons. For a lower point option, make your own hummus at home. This Artichoke Hummus is just 2 G, 0 B, and 0 P points for a 1/4 cup serving. Or try this Black Bean version (3 G, 1 B, 1 P for 1/4 cup) or this Brownie Batter Hummus that's just 1 G, 0 B, 0 P for 1/4 cup.
Serve your hummus with zero points fruits and veggies, low point baked chips or pretzels, or low carb tortillas. Plus hummus packs in healthy fats, protein, and fiber - all things to help you feel and stay full.
Another delicious hummus option is serving it on a rice cake. They are just 1 point on all plans and make a delicious crispy base for hummus and veggies.
2. Popcorn: Most people overlook popcorn as a healthy snack but it is actually packed with fiber. Popcorn cooked without oil or light butter flavors has just 1 SmartPoint® per cup on all plans. Plus it's a whole grain, has a bit of protein (about 4 grams per 3 cups), and is great for anyone who likes large servings or volume eating.
Since popcorn lacks in fat, sometimes I like to pair it with something that has some fat, protein, or fiber. Consider adding some crunch with almonds (1 point for 7 almonds on all plans). Add something sweet with a drizzle of melted peanut butter right on top (1 point per 1/2 tbsp on all plans). Or try some grated Parmesan cheese. (1 point for 1.5 tbsp on all plans)
3. Fruit/Veggies and Cheese: Cheese often gets a bad rap for being unhealthy, but it can actually be a great snack that will help you stay full and satisfied. Look for cheese options that are low in points like the ones below and pair them with fruit and/or veggies for fiber. This combo really works. Some favorite options include apple slices with cheddar, grapes with string cheese, Babybel cheese wheels with pears, and Laughing Cow cheese spread on veggies like cucumbers, celery, and bell peppers.
- 1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge: 1 point on all plans
- 1 Babybel mini light cheese: 1 point on all plans (2-3 points for non-light flavors)
- 1 light string cheese: 1 point on all plans (3 points for regular)
- 1 oz light Swiss cheese: 1 point on all plans
- 1 oz reduced-fat cheddar cheese: 3 points on all plans
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese: 2 points on all plans
4. Greek Yogurt Bowls: Greek yogurt is a great protein source, plus it is packed with probiotics and great for gut health. One cup of plain nonfat Greek yogurt is a great base for a healthy snack. (3 G, 0 B, 0 P for 1 cup). Turn it into a fun snack by mixing in lots of different toppings. Here are some ideas:
- Fresh fruit like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, mango, pineapple, or warmed apple slices. (fruit is zero points!)
- Add crunch with some nuts or seeds. (1 point for 7 almonds on all plans)
- Grab some nut butter (1 point for 1/2 tbsp on all plans) and melt it in the microwave. Drizzle it on the yogurt with fruit.
- Grab some sugar-free chocolate syrup (0 points for 1 tbsp on all plans) and fruit to turn your Greek yogurt into a delicious sweet treat.
- Low sugar jams and jellies are another great way to sweeten up plain yogurt. (1 point on all plans for 1 tbsp)
5. Frozen Yogurt Bark: If you love frozen treats, look no further than this delicious Blueberry Lemon Frozen Yogurt Bark. (3 G, 2 B, 2 P) This recipe uses honey but for a lower point treat, swap in a no calorie sweetener like Stevia or Swerve sweetener. In fact with nonfat yogurt and a no-calorie sweetener, this can be a zero-point treat on blue and purple plans.
Then pick out all your favorite mix-ins. Here is the base recipe:
- 2 cups yogurt (plain, Greek, flavored, or plant-based)
- 3 tbsp honey (or another sweetener, leave out with flavored yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional but works great with plain yogurt)
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir together the Greek yogurt, honey (or maple syrup), and vanilla extract until well combined. Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
- Use a spatula to spread the yogurt mixture evenly onto the baking sheet. It should be about 1/4 inch thick, in a rectangular shape. It may not fill the whole pan, which is fine.
- Scatter toppings on top. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 3-4 hours, until the yogurt is firm and has formed the bark. Cut or break into 16-20 pieces and serve.
6. Hard Boiled Egg Snack Boxes: Hard boiled eggs are one of the best snacks when it comes to filling you up. With protein and healthy fat, eggs have it all. Make a big batch in advance for easy options during the week. Plus with just 79 calories, 2 G, 0 B, and 0 P points, it's an almost perfect snack. To make things more interesting, I like to pair my hard-boiled eggs with some fruit and veggies. Here are some other ideas for recreating a hard boiled egg snack box at home:
- Fresh fruit and veggies
- Hummus (2 points for 2 tbsp)
- Low-fat cheese (see list above for points)
- Lean deli meat (1-2 points per 2 ounces)
- Whole-grain crackers, pretzels, or baked chips (points vary)
- Low carb tortillas or light pita bread (1 point on all plans)
7. Deli meat roll-ups: When it comes to quick and easy snacks, deli meat is actually a great thing to have around. Most lean deli meat has 1 point for 2 ounces. Some of it is even 0 points on blue and purple plans. It also is packed with protein, which will help you to stay full. Here are some of my favorite ways to use deli meat as a snack.
- Make a quick wrap with a low-carb tortilla (like Ole Extreme, 1 point on all plans) and veggies. Add some hummus, cheese, reduced-fat cream cheese, or pesto.
- Wrap the deli meat up in lettuce leaves for a low-carb sandwich. Zucchini slices and cucumber slices are also delicious.
- Grab some whole grain crackers, add a thin layer of Laughing Cow (1 point all plans), or light cream cheese. Top with deli meat. This has protein, fat, and fiber. Add some veggies or fruit for even more staying power.
- If you love pickles (0 points on all plans), cut one in half and make a pickle sandwich with your favorite deli meat and some low-fat cheese.
- One of my favorite quick and easy low point snacks is simply wrapping light string cheese (1 point on all plans) with deli meat. It sounds simple, but it's satisfying and keeps me full.
8. Homemade Yogurt Dip: Another way I love using Greek yogurt is to make easy, low point dips. Start with nonfat plain Greek yogurt (1/2 cup serving, 1 G, 0 B, 0 P) and then create fun dips for fruit, veggies, baked chips, pretzels, or low carb tortillas. Here are the dips I make the most often:
- Yogurt Ranch Dip: Just yogurt and ranch seasoning. I make homemade ranch seasoning, but store-bought works as well.
- WW Fruit Dip: Mix together 2 cups of nonfat plain Greek yogurt with 1 oz sugar-free pudding mix. Taste and sweeten if needed. Most people like this with the cheesecake pudding mix, but almost any flavor will work.
- Tzatziki: We love this cucumber Tzatziki dip in our house and I use it for snacks and meals. It's so good with chicken.
- Peanut Butter Fruit Dip: Add 1/4 cup powdered peanut butter to 1.5 cups of nonfat Greek yogurt. Sweeten with honey, maple syrup, or no sugar sweetener to taste. With 2 tbsp of honey, it has 3 G, 2 B, and 2 P for a 1/4 cup serving.
- Herb Yogurt Dip: Make up your own yogurt dip by adding fresh herbs like cilantro, dill, parsley, or basil to Greek yogurt along with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
9. Cottage Cheese Bowls: Another bowl option that doesn't include yogurt is starting with cottage cheese. A one cup serving of low-fat cottage cheese has 3 points on all plans. One thing I love about cottage cheese is that it is easy to take it in a sweet or savory direction. Here are some ideas:
- Apple Cinnamon: Microwave a chopped apple with cinnamon until tender. Add to cottage cheese with a small drizzle of honey or maple syrup (1 point per 1 tsp on all plans).
- Savory cottage cheese bowls: Add chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, pickles, or carrots and top with Everything but the Bagel seasoning or lemon pepper.
- Fresh Fruit: Add your favorite chopped fruit including berries, pineapple, mango, kiwi, or peaches.
10. Cucumber Bites: Cucumbers are one of my favorite vehicles when it comes to snacking and I make all kinds of combinations, which I call cucumber bites. Here are some to try:
- Chicken salad (3 G, 1 B, 1 P) doesn't just have to be for lunch, it is an excellent protein-packed snack and delicious on cucumbers.
- Grab some hummus (1-2 points 2 tbsp) and spread it on the cucumbers. Then top with cherry tomatoes, olives, and/or feta cheese.
- Cucumber slices and celery slices are delicious with some low-fat cream cheese (1 point per 1 tbsp on all plans). Then drizzle some buffalo sauce (zero points) on top. Green olives are also delicious.
- Much like chicken, tuna salad also makes a great option for cucumber slices.
Favorite Store Bought Weight Watchers® Snacks
Best Chips, Crackers, and Popcorn
- Good Thins (3 Smartpoints all plans for 41 crackers): Add low-fat cheese, hummus, nut butter, or a healthy dip to make these more filling.
- Ritz Crisp and Thins (4 Smartpoints all plans for 21 pieces): Same as above, add protein and fat to this snack with cheese, dip, avocado, hummus, or nut butter
- Skinny Pop Popcorn (3 Smartpoints all plans per .65 oz bag): Toss in some nuts or serve it with string cheese or fruit to make it more filling.
- Skinny Pop Sweet Cinnamon Popcorn Puffs (4 Smartpoints all plans for 1.5 cups): Add a drizzle of melted nut butter, some sliced almonds, or a banana on the side to make more filling.
- Veggie Straws (4 Smartpoints power 1 oz packet): This is a great salty and crispy option but pair it with some low fat cheese, hummus, or nut butter to add protein and healthy fat.
- Popchips (3 Smartpoints per bag): Add low-fat cheese, hummus, nut butter, or a healthy dip to make these more filling.
- Synder's Mini Pretzels (5 Smartpoints all plans per 1.5 oz package): Add low-fat cheese, hummus, nut butter, or a healthy dip to make these more filling.
- Angie's Boom Chicka Light Kettle Corn (2 Smartpoints on all plans for 2 cups): When you are craving something sweet and salty, this snack is perfect. Add some sliced almonds to make it a more filling snack.
- Rice cakes (1 Smartpoint per cake): Most full size plain rice cakes are only 1 Smartpoint per cake on all plans. Top them with hummus, nut butter, cheese, low point dips, yogurt, or cream cheese to make an easy, filling snack.
Best Sweet Treats
- Jello Sugar Free Pudding Cups (2 Smartpoints per 1 cup): Great for a sweet tooth. Add some fresh fruit to add fiber and nutrients to this snack. Nuts or nut butter is a great way to add protein.
- Yasso Chocolate Fudge Greek Yogurt Bars (3 Smartpoints on all plans): When you have a sweet craving, these bars are great. Pair it with some fresh fruit.
- Fiber One Chocolate Fudge Brownie (2 Smartpoints): Pair with fruit, yogurt, or a thin layer of nut butter to make it more filling.
- Fiber One Cake Baked Bars (2 Smartpoints): Pair with fruit, yogurt, or a thin layer of nut butter to make it more filling.
- Enlightened Keto Fudge Brownie Dough Bites (3 Smartpoints all plans for 24 bites): Serve with some fresh fruit on the side or dip in 1/2 tbsp of nut butter.
Cheese and Dairy Snacks
- Light String Cheese (1 Smartpoints all plans): Pair with some fruit to make it more filling and add fiber and nutrients.
- Laughing Cow Light Wedges (1 Smartpoints all plans): Pair with some fruit to make it more filling and add fiber and nutrients.
- Mini Babybel Light (1 Smartpoints all plans): Pair with some fruit to make it more filling and add fiber and nutrients.
Protein and Granola Bars
- Built Bars (3 Smartpoints all plans) These online-only bars are super popular with WW and will actually keep you full. Plus they taste almost like a candy bar.
- Quest Bars (4-5 Smartpoints all plans): This low carb bars are popular with many people on Weigth Watchers. Depending on the flavor, they have 4-5 points and with lots of protein, they will keep you full.
- Protein One Bars (2 Smartpoints on all plans): These low calorie bars have just 90 calories per bar with 10 grams of protein. Add a banana or fruit on the side to make it more filling.
- Epic Chicken Sriracha Bar (2 Smartpoints all plans): Anyone who loves beef jerky will likely enjoy this bar that's packed with lean protein. Pair it with some fruit or veggies to make it more filling.
- Kind Minis (4 Smartpoints all plans): these little bars have a great combo of protein, fat, and fiber plus they taste amazing. Pair with fresh fruit.
Other Great Low Point Snacks
- Chomps mini beef jerky sticks (1 Smrtpoints on all plans): This is a great low point protein source. Pair it with fruit or veggies to make it a more filling snack.
- Pistachios (22 pieces for 2 points on all plans): Nuts are such a great snack with protein and healthy fats. Pair with fruit or veggies to make a more complete snack.
- Bada Bean Bada Boom (2-3 Smartpoints on all plans): These are a perfect snack when it comes to keeping you full with protein, fiber, and healthy fat. Pair with fruit or veggies to make it a more complete snack.
- Boca Original Vegan Veggie Burgers (1 Smartpoints per patty) These little burger patties are quick to prepare and packed with protein and fiber. Add some veggies, throw them in a low carb wrap, or add them to greens for a quick and filling snack.
This list is a work in progress and I will continue to add to it! Please leave your favorite WW snacks in the comments.