Veggie packed breakfast recipes for breakfast including ideas for egg muffins, oatmeal, frittatas, scrambles, and more.
Start getting your vegetables in at breakfast to start the day on the right foot. These easy breakfast recipes all feature tons of fresh veggies and are a great way to start the day.
We are all trying to eat more veggies and fitting in the recommended 5-9 servings of fruits and veggies daily can be a challenge. If you eat three meals and two snacks daily, that means averaging at least one serving each meal to even hit the minimum number of servings. One way to make sure you get more veggies is to start the day off eating veggies. Usually, I aim for one full serving of vegetables and one serving of fruit every morning to kick off my day. Here are some of my favorite veggie packed breakfast recipes to get the day started right.
1. Broccoli Cheddar Egg Muffins: Packed with cheddar cheese and broccoli, these egg muffins please parents and kids alike. Usually, I will eat two of these egg muffins with some whole wheat toast and a banana or cup of fresh fruit.
2. Slow Cooker Hash Brown, Spinach, and Ham Casserole: Recently I have been making all kinds of egg dishes in my slow cooker. It's the perfect way to get ahead and prep healthy breakfasts for the week. And this one packed with potatoes, spinach, bell peppers, ham, and cheddar cheese will keep you full all morning.
3. Whole30 Breakfast Salad with Sausage: Most of the time we don't think about salad for breakfast, but this one packed with butternut squash, tomatoes, mushrooms, cilantro, and avocado packs in more than one servings of veggies and is packed with flavor.
4. Sweet Potato and Spinach Egg Muffins: I love everything about portable egg muffins and this version packed with sweet potatoes and spinach ranks up there as one of the ones I make the most. The sweet potatoes make them filling and paired with some fresh fruit, it's a hearty breakfast.
5. Asparagus and Mushroom Quinoa Fritattas: These individually sized frittatas are packed with protein from the eggs, fiber and protein from the quinoa, and plenty of mushrooms and asparagus. Plus they can be made in advance and are perfect for weekend brunches.
6. Sausage and Butternut Squash Breakfast Casserole: Sometimes I forget just how much I love butternut squash and it pairs perfectly with savory sausage and plenty of earthy spinach. This is another great dish to make ahead of time for quick weekday breakfasts and will be one that you make again and again.
7. Bacon, Egg, and Zucchini Egg Muffins: Whenever I am trying to get someone who hates vegetables to eat them, I add jut enough bacon that they forget they are eating vegetables. These muffins do just that and are a great way to get anyone to eat their veggies.
8. Zucchini Bread Overnight Oatmeal: Not all veggie breakfast recipes have to have eggs! This zucchini bread oatmeal tastes just like your favorite zucchini bread and is packed with zucchini.
9. Breakfast English Muffin Pizzas: Another great way to hide veggies - make a pizza! This version adds scrambled eggs for protein and you can add in any fresh veggies you have on hand. Plus it's something kids love - I mean it's pizza for breakfast.
10. Hippie Hash: This is another great option to make ahead and have in the fridge all week and truth be told, I eat it for breakfas, lunch, and dinner. Usually I will make up a big batch on Sunday and then top it off with a fried egg and some feta cheese. So delicious.
What are your favorite veggie packed breakfasts?