I couldn't be more excited to share today's post. Not only is it the very first time I ever attempted to cook a turkey, it is just about the simplest recipe in the world, comes with a great giveaway from Stubb's Legendary Bar-B-Q, and tastes really great. It also means that I can eat turkey way more often and it no longer has to be reserved for special occasions. I'm excited.
So here is how the recipe works, it really couldn't be any easier. Start with bone-in, skin on turkey breast. Then infuse some flavor into the turkey with your favorite marinade, spice rub, or sauce. I personally recommend trying out the Stubb's Injectable marinades for this recipe which only has 10 calories per tbsp and us delicious. I used the Chipotle Butter for this one and am already planning on using the Bar-B-Q spice rub on the next one. Then pop it in the crock pot and let it cook. That's it! Simple and delicious.
And now for the giveaway! Stubb's is giving away Stubb's sampler packs to 4 lucky readers. Each winner will receive 3 coupons for free Stubb's Bar-B-Q products. Winners will be able to try out whatever products they like. To enter, simply follow the directions below. Winners will be chosen on Tuesday!
- Leave your FIRST comment telling me which flavor of the Stubb's Bar-B-Que products you are excited to try.
- Like the Slender Kitchen on Facebook and leave the SECOND comment letting me know you did. Already a fan on Facebook? Just let me know in your SECOND Comment.
- If you have a blog, LINK back to this contest and leave a THIRD comment letting me know you did. If you do not have a blog, just leave a comment below telling me someone you told about this giveaway.
- 1 5-6 lb turkey breast, bone in, skin on, with extra skin cut away
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 bottle Stubb's injectable marinade
- Following the directions on the bottle, inject the Stubb's marinade into the turkey breast. Don't worry too much about where you inject the marinade as it will spread. You can also just use a dry spice rub in place of the marinade, just make sure to place it under the skin as well so the flavor infuses the whole turkey.
- Generously season the turkey with salt and pepper.
- Place it in the crockpot. Cook on high for one hour and then turn down to low for the remaining 7-8 hours.
- If you want to crisp up the skin before serving, place it in a large roasting pan and under the broiler it for 3-5 minutes. Be careful to watch it so it doesn't burn.