Lately life seems to be getting busier and busier, and although I love to cook I find myself needing quick meals all the time. Sometimes for lunch, sometimes for dinner, and even sometimes for breakfast. And though sometimes I do reach for a quick packaged solution, I would much rather reach for something I made myself and isn't full of processed foods. That's where the freezer comes in - perfect for storing quick and healthy meals without all the added calories and fat. Here are some of my favorites and also a give-away for Glad Freezerware at the bottom, which were features in Friday's post on Chorizo Stuffed Poblano Peppers, which I ate this morning right out of the freezer.
1. Burgers: Whenever I make burgers I always make double or triple the batch so that I can freeze them for later use. They make a great, quick lunch or dinner and couldn't be more satisfying. My favorite burgers for freezing right now are Salmon Dill Burgers(4P+) and Cowboy Turkey Burgers(6 points plus) I also highly recommend these Spicy Black Bean burgers for a vegetarian option.
2. Smoothie Packets: If you use Pinterest you know both how addicting it can be. Hours can be lost on that site without even realizing it. However you will walk out with tons of new ideas. One of my favorite is making smoothie packets in ziploc bags. You just load up a bunch of ziploc bags with enough fruits and veggies for one smoothie and store in the freezer. When you are ready for one, pop the fruit and veggies into the blender, add your liquid and any supplements, and it's ready. No cutting, peeling, or portioning needed. Lately I have been drinking this Kale, Spinach, and Apple smoothie. (3 P+)
3. Meatballs: Meatballs are a no brainer for me in terms of frozen meals. I always make a double or triple batch when I make meatballs and like to store some of them as individual servings and some as a meal. Then you just pop them out and reheat them with a little sauce and they make a perfect, quick meal. My favorites are Chipotle meatballs(6 P+) for tacos and these yummy Asian meatballs. (5 P+)
4. Beef Stew: There are few soups other than beef stew and chili that I truly can at as an entire meal. Don't get me wrong - I love having soup as a main dish but almost always need some other stuff on the side as well. However not with this delicious beef stew recipe. (5 P+) It is hearty, delicious, and packed with hearty ingredients to keep you full all day. Just make up a big batch when you cook it and freeze in individual portions.
5. Oatmeal: Many people don't think about freezing oatmeal but it can be a great way to have a quick hearty breakfast on hand and get the benefits of real oats. I usually cook my oatmeal and then either freeze it in small, individual freezer safe containers or in a silicone muffin tin. When I use the silicone muffin tin once the oatmeal is frozen, I pop them out and into a large container or bag. When you are ready to eat, just pop it in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stir, and microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Add in a splash or milk or yogurt. I especially like this Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal. (6 P+)
Enter to win your own Glad Freezerware to use at home. The winner will receive one case of large Glad Freezerware and one case of small Glad Freezerware for a total of six containers!
Entry: Leave a comment below letting me know what your favorite freezer meal is, with points if you know them.Bonus Entry: Subscribe to receive Slender Kitchen recipes in your inbox or blog reader and never miss a recipe. If you are already a subscriber, just let me know in a comment. The subscribe button is located on the right.Bonus Entry: Become a fan of The Slender Kitchen on Facebook and leave a second comment below (here, not on Facebook) letting me know you did. If you are already a fan, you can say that instead!Extra Bonus Entry: Follow @slenderkitchen on Twitter and leave a third comment below letting me know you did.Double Extra Bonus Entry: Follow slenderkitchen on Pinterest to have access to my top picks of the web and leave a post below letting me know you did.
Standard Promotion Rules Apply: http://www.clorox.com/legal/promotions
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.