Recently I have gotten an influx of emails about working out. I think it is the impending bathing suit season, or at least that's what has me thinking about working out. The thought of sitting in a bikini almost makes me reach for my running sneakers, almost. Anyway, for this week's Friday Five I thought I would switch it up a little and talk about working out. My workout routine pretty much revolves around deal sites like Groupon and Bloomspot. I look out for deals in my area and then work out accordingly. Yoga one month, bootcamp the next, then spinning for a stretch. Actually for me it's ideal because I never get bored. So in this spirit here are my favorite websites to find workout deals.
Not into working out or want some extra help in your bathing suit? Consider Spanx swimwear - I just bought one and it definitely pulls everything in. They are a little expensive but worth every penny in my opinion. I just bought the one shoulder option in black for those days I need a little help.
1. Groupon: Groupon is my go to for discount work out classes. In my area there are always lots of great options and I can almost always find something that sounds fun and exciting, and is still cheaper than joining a gym. My last purchases including 20 yoga classes for 20 bucks and $40 for a one month long bootcamp. Both have been really great. For me Groupon is also usually the most affordable option and has the most variety.
2. Bloomspot, Gilt City, and Rue La La: I also occasionally use these three websites for working out (and sometimes clothes and shoes and cookware). Their offers are more limited in terms of the cities they are in and can be a little more expensive. With that said, I have signed up for some amazing deals through each of these sites over the past couple years. The most recent was a great deal of Pilates on Gilt City.
3. Meet Up: If you haven't ever tried Meet Up, I highly recommend it for working out as well as just finding people who like the same things in your area. In terms of working out, Meet Up is a great place to find groups of people who live near you who want to work out together. I have gone to meetups for hiking, beach volleyball, and soccer that have all been great and completely free. It's a great way to meet people and get in a workout.
4. Living Social: Living Social is another deal site, like Groupon, where you can find great deals. I a slightly addicted to deal sites if you haven't realized yet. You can find it in lots of cities and they tend to offer a large variety of deals. Also I have heard they have great deals for family activities. If you go through the link in this post, you can get a $5 credit for signing up to use towards your first purchase.
5. Share your ideas! How do you workout without spending an arm and a leg? What are your favorite low cost or free workouts?
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.