Today I have teamed up with Flatout Flatbread to bring you some seriously delicious healthy lunch inspiration. Since I couldn't live without their 90 calorie, fiber packed, low carb, 2 PointsPlus ® (can you tell I'm a fan!) Light Original wraps, I jumped at the chance to work with Flatout and bring you some yummy on-the-go and healthy lunches to help you stay on track and reach your goals. Moreover, I hope this post inspires you to start creating some of your own delicious recipes using these low calorie flatbreads. They are perfect for wraps, pizzas, quesadillas, burritos, and so much more.
Let's start with some healthy lunch ideas using FlatOut Flatbreads and then stay tuned for some exciting news about trying these delicious wraps.
1. Buffalo Chicken Wraps - A buffalo chicken wrap or pizza is one of my favorite things to make for lunch when I am craving something something indulgent. Luckily with this 150 calorie buffalo chicken and a Flatout wrap for 90 calories, you can make a delicious lunch for under 300 calories even if you add blue cheese or ranch. Just make the chicken on the weekend and then to make a wrap, add lettuce, carrots, celery, and some light blue cheese or ranch dressing. For a pizza, toast the Flatout and then add a thin layer of buffalo sauce, the chicken, some vegetables, and some cheese. Bake or toast for 3-5 minutes and then drizzle some light dressing on top. Delicious.
2. Cranberry Tuna Salad or Crunchy Tuna Salads - Another way I love using Flatouts is for tuna wraps and tuna melts. Usually I make either this cranberry tuna salad or this crunchy cabbage tuna salad (both are great with chicken or chickpeas as well if you aren't a tuna fan) and wrap it up with lots of fresh veggies for an easy lunch under 250 calories. You can also add some cheese and make a tuna melt.
3. Flatbread Pizzas - When I am home and need a quick and healthy pizza fix, I love using Flatouts to make all types of flatbread pizzas. My two favorite options are this simple Margherita pizza with a balsamic glaze or this herb roasted zucchini pizza. The margherita pizza comes together in under 10 minutes and will satisfy any pizza craving. It also only has 262 calories for the whole thing. The options are endless for these simple flatbread pizzas and they can even be made in an office toaster oven if you have one.
4. Quesadillas - Since large flour tortillas can have almost 200 calories and lack healthy fiber, I like to use Flatouts instead for making quesadillas. When I am prepping ahead, I will make grilled vegetables to use in the quesadillas and when I am not prepared in advanced I just use whatever veggies I have on hand, deli meat, or leftovers. You can quickly microwave any raw veggie for 2-3 minutes and then they are quesadilla ready. Here's a recipe for one that has less than 200 calories.
5. Recreate Your Favorite Restaurant Wraps - Last but not least, Flatouts are great for recreating your favorite restaurant sandwiches and wraps at home. By cutting so many calories by choosing a 90 calorie wrap instead of calorie laden bread, you can add all sorts of delicious fillings and still have a low calorie meal. This Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap is a great example with only 274 calories.
Now on to the exciting news! If you haven't tried Flatout Flatbreads before and want to see what they are all about, they will be doing in store demos at Walmart from from February 27 to March 1st so you can go and try them for yourself. At these demos, they will be sharing the Light Original and Hungry Girl Foldits.
Whether you work in an office, at home, or on-the-go a healthy lunch is key. It can help you stay on track to reach your weight-loss goals, fill you up so you can have energy all day and leave you a little more wiggle room to indulge at dinner. So to help you BOLY (Bring Your Own Lunch) and to “dine al desko,” grab some Flatout Flatbread using our $.50 off coupon. It will make an excellent addition to your lunch routine.
What are your favorite ways to use Flatout Flatbread?