Normally this time of year, I inundate you with a long list of appetizers, dips, and other snacky food to whip up for Superbowl Sunday. This year I thought I would do something a little different and focus on easy slow cooker recipes that could be made ahead of time and make enough to feed a crowd. Here's my plan. While I watch the Patriots eek out a win over the Seahawks (!?!), I will volunteer to make the main dish that will take me approximately 10 minutes to place in the slow cooker. Then I will ask others to bring the sides, dips, and snacks to make it a true Superbowl celebration. What's on your menu?
1. Slow Cooker Carnitas - Go Mexican themed for the Superbowl and ask friends to bring salsa, guacamole, skinny queso dip, baked tortilla chips, cut up fruit with Tajin, beans, and micheladas.
2. Pepperoncini Beef - This simple beef dish of an affordable roast and pepperoncinis is sure to please any crowd. Have friends bring rolls and lettuce wraps for serving, some buffalo wing hummus and veggies, homemade pita chips, giardiniera, tomato bruschetta, and/or an antipasto plate.
3. Chicken Enchilada Soup - I love the idea of creating a soup or chili bar for a Superbowl party and this simple soup recipe can be the star. Ask others to bring all the fixings - avocados, cheese, baked tortillas chips, sliced veggies, some nice bread or tortillas - and let everyone fix up there own version of the soup.
4. Barbecue Beef Sliders - It's hard not to love a slider and these make a perfect Superbowl dish since they can hang out in the slow cooker all day and don't need to be cooked to order like a traditional burger. Have someone bring yummy slider rolls, a delicious coleslaw, a pickle plate, and some healthy chips and dips.
5. Buffalo Chicken - It's hard to think of any game day menu without something buffalo. Instead of reaching for high calorie wings, make this shredded buffalo chicken to serve with lettuce wraps, slider rolls, nachos, or pita bread.
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.