With the start of school for many parents out there, this week's Friday Five is dedicated to you. Sometimes there is just too much to do to spend more than five minutes thinking about dinner. So this week's posts focuses on five meals that you can toss in the crockpot, in under five minutes, and then come home to a delicious and healthy meal that's ready to eat. Pair them with a few quick side dishes - precooked rice or quinoa, canned beans, steam and serve veggies, or a quick salad. All these recipes can be cooked on low for 8 hours.
1. Buffalo Chicken, 203 calories, 5 PointsPlus® - delicious on baked chips for a nacho main course, rolled up for Buffalo Chicken wraps with veggies, served in corn tortillas with lettuce and light Ranch for a twist on traditional tacos, or in lettuce wraps with salad bar chopped veggies and brown rice.
2. Apple BBQ Pulled Turkey, 5 PointsPlus®, 200 calories - perfect for sandwiches, served with baked potatoes, or store bough mashed sweet potatoes and veggies.
3. Pepperoncini Beef aka Drip Beef, 203 calories, 5 PointsPlus® - serve it on some toasted rolls with a slice of cheese and a side salad for delicious sandwiches or with over white rice with steamed veggies.
4. Simple Shredded Pork, 205 calories, 5 PointsPlus® - serve it oven rice, wrapped up in warmed tortillas as tacos, or add it to spaghetti sauce for a pork ragu
5. Tomato Chiptole Chicken, 194 calories, 5 PointsPlus® - perfect for tacos, added to store bought vegetable soup for a delicious and slightly spicy soup, or served over quinoa or rice.
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.