With school starting for many people in the coming weeks, it's only natural to start thinking about busier weeknights packed with school events, sports, and other commitments that can make dinner time a challenge even for the most organized. So to plan ahead for busy nights and consider whipping up one of these meals on the weekend so that all you need to do that night is pop it in the oven or reheat and a delicious meal is ready.
What are your favorite make ahead meals?
1. BBQ Meatloaf Muffins, 114 calories, 3 PointsPlus® These charming little meatloaf muffins are not only delicious but are perfect for a make ahead meal. Make a big batch and use them for dinner one night and also in lunches during the week.
2. Cheesy Chicken and Cauliflower Stuffed Peppers, 241 calories, 6 PointsPlus® Stuffed peppers are a popular make ahead meal but this recipe takes them up a notch using cauliflower and chicken as the stuffing. This meals keeps well, freezes great, and even works for low carb eaters.
3. Turkey Picadillo, 175 calories, 4 PointsPlus® Picadillo is a Latin American dish made with ground beef or turkey, tomato sauce, potatoes, carrots, and some spice. Make a big batch and simply reheat for a quick and hearty weeknight meal.
4. Rosemary Chicken Breasts, 218 calories, 5 PointsPlus® This simple flavorful chicken is great to have in the house when you need a quick meal. Chop it up and add it to salads, wraps, a quick pizza, or pasta and have a meal in minutes.
5. Three Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups, 240 calories, 6 PointsPlus® Could you imagine anything better after a hectic day? Indulgent, cheesy, vegetarian lasagna rolls to bring comfort without all the calories.