I am always shocked at how easy it is to turn a healthy salad into a calorie bomb by the simple act of adding salad dressing. With the addition of oil, mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, and other high calorie ingredients - many salad dressings pack over 180 calories and 20 grams of fat per serving (5-7 SmartPoints™)! This can quickly double the amount of calories and points, making what seemed like a good choice, an unhealthy one. Luckily there are lots of much healthier options for salad dressing out there and these healthy salad dressings are not only lower in calories, they are delicious as well.
What are your favorite healthy salad dressings?
1. Bolthouse Farms Chunky Blue Cheese Yogurt Dressing, 35 calories, 1 SmartPoints™
2. Litehouse OPA Jalapeno Ranch Greek Yogurt Dressing, 50 calories, 1 SmartPoints™
3. Newmans Own Lighten Up! Dressing, Low Fat Sesame Ginger, 35 calories, 2 SmartPoints™
4. Bolthouse Farms Creamy Balsamic Yogurt Dressing, 40 calories, 2 SmartPoints™
5. Olive Garden Light Italian Dressing, 30 calories, 1 SmartPoints™
Looking for a homemade option? Here are five more healthy dressings to make at home.
6. Light Italian Dressing, 38 calories, 1 SmartPoints™
7. Lemon Tahini Dressing, 75 calories, 3 SmartPoints™
8. Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing, 43 calories, 1 SmartPoints™
9. Indonesian Peanut Dressing, 55 calories, 2 SmartPoints™
10. Lemon Feta Vinaigrette, 84 calories, 3 SmartPoints™