For those mornings when you have no idea what to have for breakfast, having a stash of egg muffins in your fridge or freezer can make breakfast easy, healthy, and delicious. Plus they make a killer snack. Egg muffins can be made with virtually anything - veggies, lean protein, cheese, beans, whole grains, and spices - and are essentially mini baked frittatas that come in the perfect serving size. They also are perfect to smush into a wrap, bagel thin, toast, or English muffin for a quick and easy breakfast sandwich. Here are some of my favorite egg muffins, what are yours?
- Sweet Potato and Spinach Egg Muffins, 52 calories, 1 SmartPoints™
- Bacon, Egg, and Zucchini Egg Muffins, 145 calories, 4 SmartPoints™ (for 2)
- Southwest Black Bean Egg Muffins, 115 calories, 3 SmartPoints™ (for 2)
- Leek and Sundried Tomato Egg Muffins, 151 calories, 3 SmartPoints™ (for 2)
- Quinoa Egg Muffins, 203 calories, 5 SmartPoints™ (for 2)