There is almost nothing better this time of year than to have a freezer full of delicious, warm, and comforting soups portioned out in the freezer for lunches or dinners in a rush. Here are some of my favorite freezer friendly soups. What are yours?
1. Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup, 257 calories, 6 PointsPlus® - this is one of my all time favorite soups and it holds up great in the freezer. Make a vegetarian version with white beans instead of the chicken.
2. Slow Cooker Chicken, Kale, & Quinoa Stew, 267 calories, 7 PointsPlus® - if you want a hearty soup that really fills you up, this is the one to make. The combination of chicken thighs, kale, and quinoa is perfect in this thick stew. Make it vegetarian by using chickpeas instead of chicken thighs. Make it Paleo friendly with butternut squash or sweet potato instead of quinoa.
3. Creamy Mushroom Soup, 123 calories, 3 PointsPlus® - this is probably my favorite soup recipe on Slender Kitchen. It's seriously good. Paired with a salad or sandwich, it can make a great lunch or dinner. I also sometimes use it as pasta sauce. Yum!
4. Yellow Split Pea Soup, 190 calories, 5 PointsPlus® - if you love lentil soup than you are sure to love this yellow split pea soup. Yellow split peas are much like a lentil - hearty, earthy, and packed with fiber. You could easily substitute in green split peas or any kind of lentils if you can't find the yellow split peas.
5. Hearty Beef Stew, 243 calories, 5 PointsPlus® - I posted this recipe almost 2 years ago but it is still one of my favorites and a favorite among readers. It's packed with beef, potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and everything a proper beef stew should have - except the fat and calories. Trust me, this recipe is a winner.
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.