I am a lover of lists and find myself constantly searching for lists online related to food, music, news, really almost anything. Inspired by my love of lists, I am going to start writing my Friday Fives, which will be lists of my favorite weight watchers related food and recipes. One recent obsession of mine has been 0 points sauces and spreads that I can use on sandwiches, dip veggies in, or layer into recipes to add additional flavor. My fridge is literally packed with condiments. Here are my top five and I would love to hear about yours - share them in the comments!
1. Trader Joe's Cranberry Apple Butter - 0 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per tablespoon - I love this stuff, it is tangy and slightly sweet. The two main ways I have used this is on toast or English muffins in the morning and turkey sandwiches (it's like having cranberry sauce). However, I have also used it to make a cranberry vinaigrette dressing for salad, as a yogurt or ice cream topping or mix in, and mixed into oatmeal. Honestly, I love it on almost anything!
2. Clemente Jacques Chipotle Toppers - 0 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per 2 tbsp - This stuff is not for the faint of heart as it definitely packs a lot of heat and smokiness, but for those of you who like spice, this is amazing. It has all the delicious flavors of chipotles in adobo but comes in an easy to use squeeze bottle so you don't constantly find yourself throwing out cans of chipotles. I love it tacos or quesadillas and it is a great addition to any chili or spicy soup recipe.
3. Howard's Sweet Pepper Relish - 0 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per 2 tbsp - In my eyes, relish is an entirely underrated condiment, I honestly love all kinds of relish, but one of my favorites is sweet red pepper relish and I love the one by Howards. It is great on sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, and can is also a great addition to many dips. One great one is mixing it with fat free cream cheese. I also love traditional pickle relish and there are some amazing Indian relishes out there as well.
4. Heluva Good Horseradish - 0 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per 2 tbsp - You have to be careful with horseradish spreads as many are actually packed with mayo and have really high calorie counts, however this one is 0 calories per serving and is delicious. I love it with almost any read meat -roast beef, steak, and hamburgers and also find is a great way to add flavor to a sandwich.
5. Hellmann's/Best Foods Dijonnaise - Weight Watchers PointsPlus per 2 tbsp - It is pretty amazing that this mustard/mayo combo only has 5 calories per serving and is really delicious. It has the texture of mayo with a little extra kick from the mustard. I love it on sandwiches but also find myself dipping veggies in it as well as using it as a marinade for chicken pretty often.
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.