Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes that are delicious, healthy, and low in SmartPoints for the grill, slow cooker, stove top, oven, and more.
These Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes are exactly what you need to make a delicious, point friendly dinner with everyone's go-to protein source, chicken!
I can't tell you how many hours I have spent staring at a package of chicken breasts or chicken thighs and trying to figure out what's for dinner. They are something I stock up on every week and a staple in our house for dinner. And yet, I always find myself frantically searching last minute for a chicken recipe that is Weight Watchers friendly and also something my whole family will love. But it can't be boring. We need something tasty and full of flavor because no one wants to eat a plain chicken breast. Can you relate? Then this list is for you! It's jam packed with amazing recipes that you are going to love. Plus every recipe includes Weight watchers points, nutritional info, and is a good, healthy choice you can feel good about.
Now when it comes to making Weight Watchers friendly chicken dishes, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Boneless and skinless: Boneless and skinless chicken breasts and thighs are going to be the lowest point option for most recipes. A 4 ounce serving has just 3 SmartPoints for the breast and 4 SmartPoints for the thigh. If you want to use a bone-in piece of chicken since they can add more flavor, make sure to take the skin off to keep the points low. Unfortunately the crispy skin is full of fat and calories. Lean ground chicken is also a good option.
- Adding flavor: There are so many ways to add flavor to chicken without adding unnecessary fat and calories. Instead of reaching for typical flavor enhances like butter or lots of oil, it's better to use fresh herbs, spices, marinades, and homemade sauces to add in lots of flavor without all the fat. There are so many options for making delicious marinades and sauce using minimal amounts of oil and with all the spices and herbs out there, the combinations are almost endless.
- Cooking methods: To keep things light and healthy, the best way to cook chicken will be using methods that don't need lots of fat. That means methods like grilling, slow cooking, baking, broiling, sautéing, and pan-searing can all work great. Ideally we want to stay away from things like frying, butter or oil poaching, and pan methods that use lots of butter or oil.
- Pack in the veggies: The last thing to think about when making healthy, Weight Watchers friendly dishes, is to always try and add veggies when you can. Not only will they add flavor and nutrients to your dishes, they are zero points and a great way to fill up your plate without using lots of points.
Ready to dig in! Check out the delicious recipes below.
Quick and Easy Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes
Most of us don't have a lot of time on busy weeknights between work, after school activities, homework, and our daily to-do list. For those busy nights, these recipes will get dinner on the the table in under 30 minutes. They involve minimal prep work and are easy to get on the table. Plus lots of them are one pan dinners where everything cooks together for a really easy meal. Need a quick and easy side dish? When we are busy, I always rely on either frozen rice/grains from the supermarket or pre-cooked grains I have made on the weekend. Microwave baked potatoes and sweet potatoes are also a good option.
- Sheet PanAsian Chicken Stir Fry, 297 calories, 6 SmartPoints
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta, 438 calories, 9 SmartPoints
- Baked Artichoke Chicken, 235 calories, 5 SmartPoints
- Baked Coconut Chicken Fingers, 220 calories, 6 SmartPoints
- One Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls, 469 calories, 10 SmartPoints
- Egg Roll Bowl, 321 calories, 6 SmartPoints
- Lightened Up Chicken Saltimbocca, 294 calories, 6 SmartPoints
- Skillet Lemon Oregano Chicken Breast, 232 calories, 5 SmartPoints
- Healthy Kung Pao Chicken, 303 calories, 6 SmartPoints
- Rotisserie Chicken Fajita Bowls with Cilantro Lime Quinoa, 417 calories, 9 SmartPoints
- Roasted Balsamic Chicken Thighs and Vegetables, 331 calories, 6 SmartPoints
- Baked Chicken Fajitas, 226 calories, 4 SmartPoints
- Tomato Basil Chicken, 281 calories, 6 SmartPoints
- Stovetop Shredded Chicken Taco Filling, 193 calories, 3 SmartPoints
- One Pan Spicy Peanut Chicken and Broccoli, 354 calories, 8 SmartPoints
- One Pan Honey Mustard Balsamic Chicken and Broccolini, 313 calories, 6 SmartPoints
- One Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken and Asparagus, 239 calories, 4 SmartPoints
- Italian Pesto Chicken Bake, 251 calories, 7 SmartPoints
Slow Cooker Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes
Another great method for making healthy and low point chicken dishes is to use your slow cooker. Not only does slow cooking chicken add tons of flavor since everything has time to combine, it is also a hands off cooking method that allows you to make dinner when you are out of the house. To make sure your chicken comes out juicy and flavorful, you want to make sure that you layer in lots of flavor in the recipe. Using garlic, onion, diced tomatoes, herbs, and spices are all great ways to impart tons of flavor.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Carnitas, 187 calories, 3 SmartPoints
- Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken, 251 calories, 4 SmartPoints
- Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken Breasts, 232 calories, 6 SmartPoints
- Five Ingredient Chicken Parmesan Lasagna, 345 calories, 9 SmartPoints
- Slow Cooker Italian Red Pepper Chicken, 236 calories, 3 SmartPoints
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala with Cauliflower, 289 calories, 6 SmartPoints
- Slow Cooker Coconut Basil Chicken, 226 calories, 5 SmartPoints
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Chicken, 249 calories, 5 SmartPoints
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore, 180 calories, 4 SmartPoints
- Slow Cooker Tomato Balsamic Chicken, 227 calories, 3 SmartPoints
- Slow Cooker Greek Stuffed Chicken Breasts, 222 calories, 3 SmartPoints
Grilled Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes
We all love chicken on the grill but many of use rely on store bought marinades and dressings to add flavor. Unfortunately many of these are packed with sugar and add lots of calories to what would normally be a healthy meal. Instead of relying on these store bought sauces, instead make your own homemade marinades using fresh ingredients. They taste just as good but are much more Weight Watchers friendly and better for you in general since they don't include preservatives, chemicals, and other ingredients that aren't natural.
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Kabobs, 265 calories, 5 SmartPoints
- Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches, 287 calories, 7 SmartPoints
- Grilled Pineapple Barbecue Chicken, 270 calories, 6 SmartPoints
- Sriracha Teriyaki Chicken Skewers, 257 calories, 6 SmartPoints
- Grilled Chicken with Peach Cucumber Salsa, 289 calories, 5 SmartPoints
- Grilled Chicken Greek Salad, 276 calories, 6 SmartPoints
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken, 250 calories, 5 SmartPoints
- Grilled Soy Ginger Chicken with Mango Salsa, 252 calories, 3 SmartPoints
- Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken, 210 calories, 5 SmartPoints
- Grilled Basil Lime Chicken Breast, 202 calories, 4 SmartPoints
- Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken, 232 calories, 6 SmartPoints
- Honey Chipotle Grilled Chicken, 258 calories, 8 SmartPoints
What are your favorite Weight Watchers chicken recipes?