Creating and planning good and delicious meals while following the Weight Watchers diet was the cornerstone for me successfully following the program and losing weight. Having meals with low points amount for breakfast, lunch, and dinner that you and your family love will help you stay on track and reach your weight loss goals. Use the ideas below to plan and create satisfying and delicious meals.
Looking for complete meal plans? Check out these weekly Slender Kitchen Meal Plans that include all nutritional information and Weight Watchers PointsPlus.
Meal Ideas: Breakfast
- Non Fat Greek Yogurt with Apple or Pear Sauce and Almonds, 4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus: I have tried Greek yogurt a lot of different ways and my favorite is a cup of Greek yogurt (8 oz for 3 points) with 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce (0 points) and 8 almonds (1 point). Usually I sprinkle a little cinnamon and nutmeg on the top and sometimes swirl in a couple drops of vanilla or almond extract. The protein from the yogurt and almonds usually keeps me full all morning.
- Cliff Peanut Butter Pretzel Mojo Bars, 5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus: Like many people I imagine, I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with energy bars and go through periods where I eat them a lot and then burn out and won’t eat them for months. However, when I do reach for an energy bar or finding myself needing to buy something for breakfast at work, the Cliff Peanut Butter Pretzel Mojo bar is by far my favorite. It is full of salty pretzels and sweet peanut butter and peanut butter chips. I also find that it keeps me full all morning which isn’t true of a lot of energy bars for me.
- Oatmeal, 1/2 cup for 4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus: Oatmeal is one of my go to breakfast choices since it keeps me full for so long. Pair it with your favorite fruit, nuts, or yogurt, or try these delicious baked versions: Steel Cut baked Oatmeal, Banana Peanut Butter Oatcakes, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal.
- Egg White Scrambles and Omelettes, 1-2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus With an egg having only 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and three egg whites having only 1 point, eggs are a go to breakfast. Scramble them with your favorite veggies and roll in a high fiber tortilla with some cheese and salsa for a quick breakfast burrito. Fry an egg and serve it on toast with fruit for a quick and satisfying meal.
Meal Ideas: Lunch
- Soup, Soup, and More Soup: One of my favorite things to eat on Weight Watchers for lunch is soup, especially one packed with fiber and protein that will keep me full the entire day. Usually I make soup on Sunday and freeze individual portions for lunch all week. Some of my favorites are: Yellow Split Pea Stew with Sausage, Beef Chili, Beef Stew, and Corn Chowder.
- Quiche: Every since starting Weight Watchers, I started eating a lot more quiche, which I love. By switching some of the eggs for egg whites and using low fat milk and cheese, it is very east to cut down the calories in quiche for a perfect Weight Watcher meal. Try out these recipes with PointsPlus included to get started: Asparagus Quiche, Quiche Cupcakes, and Spaghetti Squash Gratin.
- Salads and Sandwiches: Salads and sandwiches have always been a staple for lunch in my house. Using low calorie bread, you can create almost any sandwich and make it a Weight Watchers friendly meal. Salads are also a great option since veggies are almost all zero points. Try these great recipes to get you started: Summer Fresh Corn Salad, Skinny Ranch, Skinny Gorgonzola Dressing, Skinny Egg Salad, and Spicy Sausage and Peppers.
- Fast Food Options: Not all fast food is created equally and there are actually many fast food picks that can help you lose weight and stay on track. Find a list of great fast food options for people on Weight Watchers.
- Lean Cuisine Frozen Meals: On of the easiest ways to stay on track with your diet is to use Weight Watchers Smart Ones frozen meals and Lean Cuisine frozen meals to replace one meal daily. You can find them for great prices here.
Meal Ideas: Dinner
In my opinion, dinner is the meal where you should take time to make a healthy meal made with whole foods as much as possible. Use the many healthy recipes on this website to help plan your meals and lose weight. Learning to cook in a healthy way will help you lose weight and learn how to add flavor without all the fat.