For years people thought that Weight Watchers was only for women, but luckily people are finally realizing that Weight Watchers works just as great for men as it does for women. Today more and more men are using Weight Watchers online and Weight Watchers in person meetings to lose weight and start a healthier lifestyle.
Weight Watchers for men works exactly the same as the normal Weight Watchers plan. Weight Watchers for men basically works by assigning a daily pointsplus target based on weight and height, and then assigning points values to all food and drinks. To lose weight, you must track everything you eat and stay at or under your WW daily points target. Additionally on Weight Watchers for men, you get an extra 49 flex points weekly that you can use however you want and you can earn extra points for exercise and activity.
Following Weight Watchers for men is a great way to lose weight and has been effective for thousands of men. Use the following tips to begin losing weight.
Weight Watchers For Men Tips and Tricks
- Eat Real, not Processed Foods: Many people find that Weight Watchers is difficult at first. It is hard to stay within the daily points target and quickly we learn that our favorite foods are very high in points. A key reason for this is that many of us are used to lots of processed foods. By incorporating more whole and real foods into your diet, you will find it is easier to stay in your points limit on weight watchers for men. Try to incorporate more fruits, veggies, whole grains, and lean protein. Use Weight Watchers recipes that incorporate real foods and bold flavors.
- Have Smaller Portions of Your Favorites: Diets usually don’t work long term, when you try to cut your favorite foods out of your life completely. Instead try to eat less of your favorite foods. Many times you will find that you are just as satisfied with a smaller portion. The great thing about Weight Watchers for men is that you can eat absolutely anything as long as you’re not overeating and going over your daily points range.
- Plan Meals and Snacks Ahead of Time: Research shows that the hungrier we are, the more likely we are to reach for just about anything to satisfy our hunger. Many times this means unhealthy food at a drive through or from a vending machine. Whenever possible, plan your meals ahead of time and you are more likely to stay on the Weight Watchers for Men plan and be successful. Have low point snacks with you for the day and know what healthy options you have at fast food restaurants to help you stay on track.
- Set Small Goals and Reward Yourself: Many men make the mistake of only setting one huge goal, like losing 75 pounds, and never thinking about the smaller goals along the way. Set small goals to benchmark your progress and reward yourself when you reach them. Buy tickets to watch your favorite team when you lose the first ten pounds, reward yourself with new jeans at 20 pounds, take a mini vacation at 50 pounds. Whatever it is, create incentives for weight loss along the way to help you stay motivated with Weight Watchers for men.
- Find a Weight Watchers For Men Accountability Partner: Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, is to not do Weight Watchers for men alone. Share your goals with family or friends, bet a colleague you can lose more weight, go to meetings with friends. Having other people aware of your weight loss will help you stay on track and lose weight. Weekly meetings are a great way to do this but get creative and find ways to involve others in your weekly weigh ins.