One of the very first things I learned when I started trying to lose weight was the importance of having healthy snacks and quick lunches around so I wouldn’t be tempted to grab something high in calories when suddenly mid afternoon I felt like I could eat my arm. So instead of leaving things to chance, I started stocking my fridge with healthy options like these veggie spring rolls. Packed with vegetables and tofu they make the perfect snack or lunch and can be eaten on the go. Not a fan of tofu? Just use ground chicken, ground turkey, shrimp, or any mild fish.
Servings: 4 servings
Serving Size: 2 spring rolls with 2 tbsp. sauce
Nutritional Info: 188.9 calories, 7.8g of fat, 27.4g of carbohydrates, 4.5g of fiber, 13.2g of protein
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 5 *
One of the very first things I learned when I started trying to lose weight was the importance of having healthy snacks and quick lunches around so I wouldn’t be tempted to grab something high in calories when suddenly mid afternoon I felt like I could eat my arm. So instead of leaving things to chance, I started stocking my fridge with healthy options like these veggie spring rolls. Packed with vegetables and tofu they make the perfect snack or lunch and can be eaten on the go. Not a fan of tofu? Just use ground chicken, ground turkey, shrimp, or any mild fish.Vegetable Spring Rolls
- 1 10 oz. package firm or extra firm tofu, drained well
- 8 rice paper spring roll wrappers
- 24 fresh mint leaves
- 1 large carrot, trimmed, peeled, and cut into 3–inch matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, peeled, and cut into 3–inch matchsticks
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup Thai basil
- 12 pieces lettuce
- Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter or PB2
- 1.5 tbsp water
- 1/ tsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. of rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce (or vegan Worcestershire)
- Whisk together the dipping sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Squeeze the tofu between paper towels to release extra water. Cut into 12 rectangles, about 2 inches by a quarter inch.
- Fill a shallow bowl with hot, but not boiling, water. Submerge 1 spring roll wrapper until softened.
- Assemble spring rolls. Lay one wrapper flat and place two mint leaves lengthwise in center. Layer on three pieces of tofu, several carrot and cucumber slices, a sprinkling of cilantro and basil.
- Top with a lettuce leaf.
- Fold the long edge of the wrapper over ingredients. Then fold in ends and continue rolling wrapper lengthwise. Place seam side down on a plate. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes directly in your inbox.
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Friday Five: Delicious Summer Salads July 31, 2015 0 comments
- Citrus Vinegar & Butter Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles July 30, 2015 0 comments
- Garlic Cilantro Brown Rice July 28, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy & Week 31 Meal Plan July 26, 2015 0 comments
- Cheesy “Fried” Mozzarella Bites & SkinnyTaste Giveaway October 13, 2014 113 comments
- Healthy Hiking with LÄRABAR & a Giveaway! October 26, 2014 113 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 76 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Cooking 101
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out