This is one of my favorite snacks or side dishes. It is incredibly easy to make and is reminiscent of this yummy zucchini pizza that I find myself eating at least once a week. It starts off simple enough, with a roasted zucchini. Then you stuff that zucchini with ham and cheese and bake it until everything is brown and crispy. Serve it up on it’s own or with either marinara or a spicy tomato sauce for a delicious treat.
Serving Size: 1 zucchini half
Nutritional Info: 60.9 calories, 1.9g of fat, 4g carbohydrates, 1.3g dietary fiber, 7.3g of protein
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 2 *
This is one of my favorite snacks or side dishes. It is incredibly easy to make and is reminiscent of this yummy zucchini pizza that I find myself eating at least once a week. It starts off simple enough, with a roasted zucchini. Then you stuff that zucchini with ham and cheese and bake it until everything is brown and crispy. Serve it up on it’s own or with either marinara or a spicy tomato sauce for a delicious treat.Stuffed Zucchini with Ham and Cheese
- 2 Mexican zucchini (or regular zucchini)
- 1/2 cup low fat shredded pepper jack cheese
- 8 thin slices lean deli ham, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Scoop out the seeded flash of the zucchini and set aside. Place the zucchini face up on a small baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for ten minutes until they just start to soften.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl mix together the ham and cheese. You can also chop up and add the zucchini flesh if you want. Season with any herbs or spices you choose.
- Take the zucchini out of the oven and fill each zucchini with 1/4 of the ham and cheese mixture. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble and brown. Serve with marinara sauce or your favorite salsa.
* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes directly in your inbox.
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Friday Five: Healthy Make Ahead Lunch Salads that Won’t Get Soggy September 4, 2015 0 comments
- Green Apple, Chia, and Cinnamon Overnight Oats September 3, 2015 0 comments
- Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken September 2, 2015 0 comments
- Persian Chicken Kabobs September 1, 2015 1 comment
- Healthy Hiking with LÄRABAR & a Giveaway! October 26, 2014 113 comments
- Cheesy “Fried” Mozzarella Bites & SkinnyTaste Giveaway October 13, 2014 113 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 76 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Cooking 101
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out