Sometimes I love complex recipes with lots of ingredients and steps and sometimes I like a simple recipe I can mix up lots of ways. This simple chicken cutlet recipe is one of those “keep up your sleeve” recipes that you can whip together in less than 30 minutes and personalize hundreds of ways. I have been known to add nuts, coconut, all types of herbs, and Parmesan to change up the base flavors. Meal wise – the options almost never end. Serve it on its own, as chicken Parmesan, as a crunchy component in a salad, with a simple pan sauce or gravy, in sandwiches, sliced in quesadillas, or dipped in any number of delicious condiments.
Serving Size: 1 cutlet
Nutritional Information: 202 calories, 5.2g of fat, 12.9g of carbohydrates, .8g of fiber, 24.9g of protein, 0g of sugar
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 5 *
Sometimes I love complex recipes with lots of ingredients and steps and sometimes I like a simple recipe I can mix up lots of ways. This simple chicken cutlet recipe is one of those “keep up your sleeve” recipes that you can whip together in less than 30 minutes and personalize hundreds of ways. I have been known to add nuts, coconut, all types of herbs, and Parmesan to change up the base flavors. Meal wise – the options almost never end. Serve it on its own, as chicken Parmesan, as a crunchy component in a salad, with a simple pan sauce or gravy, in sandwiches, sliced in quesadillas, or dipped in any number of delicious condiments.Simple Baked Chicken Cutlets
- 1 lb. chicken breast cutlets (or whole breasts sliced in half)
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly pound the chicken breast cutlets to a uniform thickness. I like mine of the thin side, but any thickness will work as long as they are similar so they cook evenly.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and parsley. Set out in a shallow dish.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, letting excess drip off. Then dredge in the breadcrumbs. Set on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes until chicken is fully cooked, flipping halfway through.
Switch Things Up With These Recipe Twists!
Variation 1: Replace 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese for Parmesan cutlets.
Variation 2: Replace 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs with 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, peanuts) for a crunchy, nutty twist.
Variation 3: Replace 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs with 1/4 cup coconut for a sweet tropical flavor.
Variation 4: Replace the parsley with fresh thyme, cilantro, basil, rosemary, or oregano and consider squeezing lemon juice over the chicken before breading.
Variation 5: Replace the eggs with whole grain mustard, honey mustard, barbecue sauce, buffalo sauce, or any other favorite condiment.
* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes directly in your inbox.
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Sunday Slow Cooker: Black Beans May 23, 2015 0 comments
- Friday Five: Twenty Delicious Memorial Day Recipes May 22, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy & Week 22 Meal Plan May 21, 2015 0 comments
- Kale, Quinoa, and Cherry Salad May 20, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Hiking with LÄRABAR & a Giveaway! October 26, 2014 113 comments
- Cheesy “Fried” Mozzarella Bites & SkinnyTaste Giveaway October 13, 2014 112 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 75 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Cooking 101
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out