This past week my slow cooker died. It was a sad day in my house and had the excitement of purchasing a new slow cooker not taken over, tears probably would have been shed. I loved that slow cooker and have had it for years. Shopping for a new slow cooker was a little more difficult than I thought it would be, so many new and exciting features to choose from. Who knew that there were slow cookers with locking lids for traveling (amazing!) and with a built in meat thermometer? There are even slow cookers that come in crazy colors and patterns. I ended up choosing this slow cooker from Hamilton Beach that has both the locking lid and meat thermometer, in stainless steel. The reviews I read were great and I have already used it a couple of times and it has worked great. I also stocked up on slow cooker liners and picked up this Italian slow cooker cookbook. Yum.
1. Slow Cooker Barbecue Chipotle Beef, 5 P+, 155 calories
This 3 ingredient slow cooker recipe is perfect for barbecues and a new variation of pulled pork. It can be made as spicy or not spicy as you want and can be easily made with chicken or pork as well.
2. Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken, 4 P+, 106 calories
I absolutely love jerk chicken and this slow cooker version takes out all the additional fat and calories. Mix up the jerk sauce, pour it over the chicken, and have delicious jerk chicken when you get home. Sweet and spicy.
3. Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken, 6 P+, 237 calories
This is one of my all time favorite slow cooker recipes and has a deep, rich peanut butter flavor that is delicious over noodles or on it’s own. I always make a lot because it is all I want to eat for days when I make it.
4. Slow Cooker Hearty Beef Stew, 5 P+, 243 calories
This is a simple and delicious beef stew recipe, made rich by slow cooking the beef, potatoes, carrots, and onions for hours. Throw everything in and have the perfect warm beef stew when you get home. It also freezes great.
5. Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, 5 P+, 253 calories
This is one of my favorite oatmeal recipes and reminds me of the holidays. Even better your house will smell amazing in the morning when you wake up and the oatmeal will last all week. Just heat it back up in the microwave with a touch of milk.
What are your favorite slow cooker recipes?
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Spiced Chicken, Corn, and Watermelon Salad September 2, 2014 0 comments
- Sunday Slow Cooker: Chicken Cacciatore with Mushrooms August 31, 2014 1 comment
- Friday Five: Set It and Forget It Meals August 29, 2014 0 comments
- Low Carb Coconut Pancakes August 28, 2014 1 comment
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 75 comments
- CocoaVia Strawberry Chocolate Smoothie and a Giveaway August 18, 2014 53 comments
- Sesame Chicken October 29, 2012 45 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out