This week I got an amazing and hilarious email from a reader asking about fast food options that didn’t include “salad or plain grilled chicken sandwiches” that could keep her on her plan , full all afternoon, and “not giving everyone in the restaurant eating french fries evil eyes.” The email couldn’t have come at a better time for me as I am planning for a quick road trip that will inevitably involve multiple fast food stops. Here are my current favorite weight watchers fast food choices, mostly inspired from Eat This, Not That, a book I constantly find myself using to make healthy choices at restaurants. It has such good ideas for meals and shocking statistics, like the fact that Carl’s Jr. low carb, guacamole burger (sounds healthy right?) has over 800 calories and clocks in at 22 points. Want some more ideas – check out this post.
What are your favorite fast food choices?
1. Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken and Mixed Veggies, 235 calories, 6 P+
Panda Express is actually one of my favorite fast food restaurants to go to because there are so many weight watchers friendly items. Look for something that isn’t fried and is chicken or beef based, and most of it is pretty low calorie. Swap the rice for steamed veggies and most meals come in around 6-8 points plus. Unfortunately this means orange chicken is out.
2. McDonald’s Grilled Honey Mustard Snack Wrap and Side Salad, 320 calories, 7 P+
The McDonald’s grilled honey mustard snack wrap is a great option and paired with a side salad it comes in at 7 points, just make sure to order the grilled version. You can also get it without cheese and knock off another 2 points bringing it down to just 5. Another favorite at the golden arches is the Egg Mcmuffin, which is surprisingly low calorie with only 300 calories and 7 points. I just never seem to make it before 10:30.
3. Burger King Jr. Whopper w/o Mayo and BK Apple Fries, 330 calories, 7 P+
When I am craving a burger, I usually go for the Burger King Jr. Whopper and some apple fries as a side. The burger is completely satisfying and definitely doesn’t taste like it is something you should be eating. You can also order a veggie burger or grilled chicken sandwich at Burger King for about the same number of points. Ask for it wrapped in lettuce instead of bread and you can bring the points plus value down to 4.
4. Two Taco Bell Fresco Chicken Soft Tacos, 340 calories, 8 P+s
Anything with Fresco in the title at Taco Bell works pretty well for fast food. I have to admit I have never been much of a fan of Taco Bell, except for those yummy cinnamon twists, but I warmed up to it once I tried the Fresco chicken tacos. They come in at 4 points a piece and with two I am completely satisfied.
5. Wendy’s Broccoli and Cheese Potato – 320 calories,6 P+
There is something about the ooey, gooey cheese on this potato that I can’t resist. Although I am pretty sure it isn’t the most natural thing, for some reason I just love the taste. Paired with lots of broccoli and a huge baked potato and it is a great option.
* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes directly in your inbox.
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy & Week 22 Meal Plan May 21, 2015 0 comments
- Kale, Quinoa, and Cherry Salad May 20, 2015 0 comments
- Egg White, Tomato, & Avocado Breakfast Sandwich May 19, 2015 0 comments
- Zucchini and Ground Turkey Pizza Boats May 17, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Hiking with LÄRABAR & a Giveaway! October 26, 2014 113 comments
- Cheesy “Fried” Mozzarella Bites & SkinnyTaste Giveaway October 13, 2014 112 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 75 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Cooking 101
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out