If you have spent any time on Slender Kitchen you probably quickly realized that the slow cooker is one of my absolute favorite kitchen appliances. Not only do I use mine at least twice a week, I also make sure to share at least one slow cooker recipe a week with Slow Cooker Sundays, and include a low carb, vegetarian, and regular slow cooker meal every Sunday in the meal plans. However looking back at many of the slow cooker recipes, I realized there aren’t too many vegetarian recipes so I want to highlight some of my favorites this week. What are your favorite vegetarian slow cooker recipes?
1. Curry Red Lentil and Carrot Stew, 251 calories, 6 PointsPlus®
This is one of my all time favorite crockpot stews. It is full of flavor and will literally keep you full for hours due to all the lentils. It also keeps great, freezes well, and is really affordable. If you like lentils and curry, you must try it.
2. Saag Paneer, 192 calories, 5 PointsPlus®
I love Saag Paneer but am always worried about how many secret calories it has. Even though it feels like a healthy dish to order, it is usually packed with oil and full fat coconut milk which can quickly add up. In this easy at home version we cut back on calories and have the option for traditional paneer cheese or tofu.
3. Roasted Corn Chowder, 167 calories, 5 PointsPlus®
Corn chowder has always been one of my favorite soups and this roasted version is a perfect way to mix things up. The roasted corn adds a nice rich flavor and the hint of spice makes it a nice alternative to traditional chowder.
4. Red Beans and Rice, 200 calories, 6 PointsPlus®
Looking for a delicious vegetarian taco or burrito filling? This simple red beans and rice recipe makes a great filler and is packed with flavor. It also keeps well and is extremely wallet friendly.
5. Spinach, Artichoke, & Kale Dip, 83 calories, 3 PointsPlus®
I love this recipe both as a sip and as a pasta sauce. Use a little of the pasta cooking liquid to loosen up the leftovers and it makes a terrific pasta sauce the next day.
* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Banana Quinoa Chia Muffins April 27, 2015 0 comments
- Get Motivated! Only 8 Weeks Until Summer & $25 Meal Plan Special! April 21, 2015 0 comments
- Black Bean, Mango, and Quinoa Salad April 21, 2015 0 comments
- Morning Muesli with the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Pro & Giveaway! April 20, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Hiking with LÄRABAR & a Giveaway! October 26, 2014 113 comments
- Cheesy “Fried” Mozzarella Bites & SkinnyTaste Giveaway October 13, 2014 112 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 75 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Cooking 101
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out