As I prepare myself for over 9 hours of traveling tomorrow after a wonderful holiday in New England, I find myself thinking about healthy airport or fast food choices with the new Weight Watchers pointsplus plan. On the old plan, I knew the points values for my most common choices, but I realized that I need to do some research before heading to the airport tomorrow. That brings me to today’s Friday Five – here are my top choices for fast food on the new plan. Likely I would pair these up with a small side salad or fruit cup to round out the meal. Feel free to share your favorites in the comments and build onto the list!
1. Au Bon Pain Vegetarian Lentil Soup – 4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
There are lots of good soup options at Au Bon Pain that come in between 3-5 pointsplus but my favorite is probably the vegetarian lentil soup. It is packed with fiber because of the lentils and it hearty enough that you won’t be hungry an hour later.
2. Papa Gino’s Rustic Veggie Thin Crust Pizza (or any thin crust veggie or cheese slice) – 6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
I love pizza and sometimes have trouble not going right for it whenever I am traveling. However, as long as you choose a thin crust option and stay away from high fat toppings, most slices will come in between 6-7 points. I usually reach for a slice packed with veggies but even just plain cheese would work.
3. KFC Grilled Chicken Breast and Green Beans – 4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
After seeing the somewhat horrifying KFC sandwich where the bread is replaced with two fried chicken patties, I was shocked to find out that their grilled chicken is actually pretty healthy, although it is high in sodium. For just four points, you can have a KFC grilled chicken breast (4p+) and green beans (o+) and be completely satisfied.
4. Chick-fil-A Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich with Buffalo Sauce – 6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
My boyfriend LOVES Chick-fil-A and literally has to have it anytime we are within 20 miles or so of one, so I had to find a healthy option there. I fell in love with their chicken sandwiches (6 p+) and usually dunk mine in the buffalo sauce (0 p+) and have a sugar free lemonade. Beware that many of the sauces have between 1-6 points, so choose wisely.
5. Wendy’s Small Chili – 4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
I was a little scared to try fast food chili, but when I finally gave in and tried the Wendy’s chili, I was surprised by how yummy it was. I used to order the large portion, which has 7 Weight Watchers PointsPlus but now I usually opt for the small and save some points for a mid day latte or snack later on. It is really flavorful and has enough fiber to keep you full all day.
* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes directly in your inbox.
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Friday Five: The Best Sparkling Water May 29, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy & Week 23 Meal Plan May 28, 2015 0 comments
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Jalapenos May 27, 2015 1 comment
- Creamy Spinach, Tomato, and Mushroom Pasta May 26, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Hiking with LÄRABAR & a Giveaway! October 26, 2014 113 comments
- Cheesy “Fried” Mozzarella Bites & SkinnyTaste Giveaway October 13, 2014 112 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 75 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Cooking 101
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out