Do you ever get jealous? I do. I wish I didn’t, it’s not a very pretty quality. But I just can’t help feeling a teensy, weensy bit jealous (or maybe more than that) when I see somebody wonderfully slim eating a delicious muffin or croissant or pastry with their morning coffee. I would eat pastry everyday with my coffee if I could. And muffins – I have a particular weakness for them, especially when they are warm and toasty. But the calories and points in muffins? Now those are scary. For example a Manhattan Bagel corn muffin has 19 points – yes, Nineteen, it’s crazy. That’s more than a Big Mac. Luckily there are lots of healthy muffins you can make at home. Here are some of my favorites. What are yours?
1. Lemon Cranberry Muffins, 5 P+
This is one of my go-to muffin recipes because I love the hint of lemon and cornmeal and the recipe works great with just about any berry or fruit. I have used blueberries, blackberries raspberries, and even peaches instead of the cranberries and they are a hit every time.
2. Vitalicious VitaMuffin Mix, Deep Chocolate, 3 P+
If you want a chocolate muffin, in my opinion this is the way to go. They are only 100 calories each and fulfill any chocolate craving. I like to buy the muffin mix instead of prepackaged muffins because then I can adapt the recipe by throwing in some cut up fruit, nuts, bananas or something a swirl of PB2.
3. Cranberry Corn Bread Muffins, 4 P+
Although this recipe is for bread, it makes an excellent muffin and couldn’t be easier. Simply combine corn bread mix, a can of creamed corn and your favorite berries or savory ingredients (poblano peppers, zucchini, and broccoli are all delicious) and you have a delicious corn muffin for only 4 points. Much better than the 19 points for the bakery muffin.
4. Caramelized Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins, 4 P+
This is one of my all time favorite banana bread recipes and make a perfect muffin on the go. The oatmeal and whole wheat flour give it lots of fiber for staying power while the caramelized banana and chocolate make it feel indulgent and rich.
5. Lemon Poppyseed Muffins, 4 P+
There is something classic and delicious about a lemon poppyseed muffin and this recipe from Weight Watchers is a great one. Consider switching up the citrus if you want to try something new – lime is fun and orange or grapefruit can also make a perfect morning muffin.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes directly in your inbox.
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Garlic Cilantro Brown Rice July 28, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy & Week 31 Meal Plan July 26, 2015 0 comments
- Sunday Slow Cooker: Chicken in Chili Verde July 26, 2015 0 comments
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Made with Nasoya Tofu July 22, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Hiking with LÄRABAR & a Giveaway! October 26, 2014 113 comments
- Cheesy “Fried” Mozzarella Bites & SkinnyTaste Giveaway October 13, 2014 113 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 76 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Cooking 101
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out