To be honest, I have never really been much of a Valentine’s Day fan. I feel kind of meh about the whole thing. However one thing I can get behind is all the delicious desserts that pop up around the interwebs. So in honor of this Valentine’s Day, let’s share some delicious desserts to enjoy with your special someone, friends, family, or at home trying to avoid all the heart wrenching romantic, cry for days movies that are sure to be on TV all day.
1. Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheese Frosting, 189 calories, 5 PointsPlus®
Pretty much any man out there I know would be thrilled to come home to these boozy cupcakes with both beer and Bailey’s Irish Cream. And so would I if someone wants to whip some up for me.
2. Red Velvet Cupcakes with Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting, 141 calories, 5 PointsPlus®
Red velvet is perfect for Valentine’s Day and I love Emily’s twist by making peppermint cream cheese frosting. Since it is hard to find candy canes this time of year, just crush some peppermint candies instead.
3. Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Pie, 272 calories, 7 PointsPlus®
Don’t want to cook? Liz has you covered with this simple and delicious chocolate strawberry ice cream pie. Easy, delicious, and sure to please any crowd. It would be great with virtually any combination of ice cream and fruit. I may try it with coconut ice cream and pineapple.
4. Chocolate Cupcakes with Almond Cream Cheese Frosting for Two, 204 calories, 6 PointsPlus®
These little treats are made just for two, which makes them a perfect Valentine’s treat if you are celebrating with someone special. And better yet, the lack of leftovers mean you won’t be eating cupcakes for breakfast for days.
5. Chocolate Zucchini Brownies, 161 calories, 4 PointsPlus®
Erin has created some really special brownies here that are packed with zucchini and healthy ingredients. You won’t believe that only have 160 calories per brownie and your friends won’t believe that they have 2 cups of zucchini.
What are you making this Valentine’s Day?
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Sunday Slow Cooker: Chicken Cacciatore with Mushrooms August 31, 2014 1 comment
- Friday Five: Set It and Forget It Meals August 29, 2014 0 comments
- Low Carb Coconut Pancakes August 28, 2014 1 comment
- Weight Loss Wednesday: Sarah Lost 80 Pounds! August 27, 2014 0 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 75 comments
- CocoaVia Strawberry Chocolate Smoothie and a Giveaway August 18, 2014 53 comments
- Sesame Chicken October 29, 2012 45 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out