I have to admit that I love a good holiday cocktail almost as much as a delicious holiday dish or dessert. There is just something incredibly relaxing and festive about sipping a delicious drink at a holiday party or dinner, however many of these drinks have lots of calories. Here are my favorite low calorie cocktail recipes that are great for any special occasion or holiday meal.
1. Champagne Cocktails: 3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® per serving
At just 3 weight watcher points per serving, champagne is a go to drink for me at any holiday party since it is almost always available and I never have to guess on points value or calories. To make champagne even more special, I like adding fresh fruit purees, almost anything works – raspberries, peaches, or strawberries, and then garnishing it with whole fresh fruit. Or if you like something on the more floral side, you can add in 1 to 2 tablespoons of Campari, Elderflower liquor, or Limoncello. There are almost endless low calorie cocktail combinations that work with champagne. All of these recipes would work with Prosecco or any sparkling white wine.
2. Quick Mulled Red Wine – 4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® per serving
I love warm mulled cocktails around the holidays and they are a perfect way to warm up in cold weather. I usually prefer mulled red wine over mulled cider because it has significantly less calories and also has some great heart healthy nutrients. To make a quick mulled red wine, pour half of the red wine you will be serving into a saucepan. Then place 2 cinnamon sticks, 1 whole nutmeg, and a handful of allspice berries in a cheesecloth and drop into the red wine. Add in 1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend and the zest and juice from 1/2 an orange. Simmer for 5-7 minutes and then add in the remaining wine and warm. I prefer this recipe with Zinfandel but any red wine will work.
3. Spiked Egg Nog – 4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® per serving (1/2 cup)
I found a great recipe on the Food network website a few years ago for low calorie egg nog and it has become a favorite at the holidays. You can find the recipe here . Using their provided nutritional info, it is 2 pointsplus without any alcohol, and if you add 1 oz of alcohol, normally white rum or bourbon, it is 4 weight watchers pointsplus per serving.
4. Hot Toddy – 4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® per serving
There is something about a hot toddy that I love and is one of those drinks that I find extremely comforting. I prefer a very basic hot toddy and for this one I use 1.5 oz of a quality Irish whiskey, 4 oz of boiling water, 1 sugar cube, 1 lemon peel, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a little fresh nutmeg on top. This is a great drink to have outside on a cold night as it definitely warms you up inside and out.
5. Mint Gin Gimlet – 5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® per serving
This is one of my favorite drinks no matter what time of year – it’s refreshing, interesting, and starts with gin, which is one of my favorites. To start this simple drink, you muddle 5 mint leaves with 1.5 tbsp of lime juice, and 1 tbsp of agave syrup. Then add the 2 oz of gin and ice, and mix well. Garnish with a fresh mint sprig and lime wedge or twist.
* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes directly in your inbox.
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy & Week 22 Meal Plan May 21, 2015 0 comments
- Kale, Quinoa, and Cherry Salad May 20, 2015 0 comments
- Egg White, Tomato, & Avocado Breakfast Sandwich May 19, 2015 0 comments
- Zucchini and Ground Turkey Pizza Boats May 17, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Hiking with LÄRABAR & a Giveaway! October 26, 2014 113 comments
- Cheesy “Fried” Mozzarella Bites & SkinnyTaste Giveaway October 13, 2014 112 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 75 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Cooking 101
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out