With many people celebrating Lent this time of year, I thought today it would be great to talk fish. Growing up in New England, I love virtually all seafood. We ate it all the time growing up and it still makes up most of my favorite meals. However since it isn’t always everyone’s favorite, today I wanted to share some quick, delicious, and healthy fish recipes that almost anyone will love. What are your favorite fish dishes?
1. Blackened Zucchini Wrapped Fish, 198 calories, 4 PointsPlus®
This recipe is surprisingly simple and is one of my favorites when I have company or want a “fancy” dinner. The whole thing comes together in under 15 minutes and can be made using virtually any fish.
2. Crispy Baked Fish Sticks with Homemade Tartar Sauce, 261 calories, 6 PointsPlus®
Liz over at The Lemon Bowl has tons of delicious seafood recipes, but these simple homemade fish sticks are one of my favorites. They only take about 10 minutes longer than store bought fish sticks and you get to control all the ingredients. Win-win.
3. Brown Sugar Salmon, 184 calories, 5 PointsPlus®
I make this simple dish every couple weeks and save the leftovers for salads and wraps. The recipe only uses 4 ingredients – salmon, salt, pepper, and brown sugar – so all you need to pick up is the fish. It’s ready in under 10 minutes and makes a great healthy dinner.
4. Herb Crusted Salmon, 350 calories, 9 PointsPlus® (with salad)
Juli over at PaleOMG has lots of delicious Paleo recipes and this simple salmon dish made with herbs and served with an arugula salad is one of my favorites. The salmon has a great crust from the coconut flour and the salad is the perfect side dish.
5. Fish Tacos with Creamy Avocado, 240 calories, 5 PointsPlus®
How can we talk about fish without talking about fish tacos? I could eat fish tacos every day and this is one of my go to recipes. It’s quick and easy with less than 250 calories for 2 tacos. Yum.
* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Sunday Slow Cooker: Chicken Cacciatore with Mushrooms August 31, 2014 1 comment
- Friday Five: Set It and Forget It Meals August 29, 2014 0 comments
- Low Carb Coconut Pancakes August 28, 2014 1 comment
- Weight Loss Wednesday: Sarah Lost 80 Pounds! August 27, 2014 0 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 75 comments
- CocoaVia Strawberry Chocolate Smoothie and a Giveaway August 18, 2014 53 comments
- Sesame Chicken October 29, 2012 45 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out