Before I starting cooking for myself and really enjoying it, I ate at least one frozen meal everyday, sometimes two. And after about a year couldn’t look at another frozen meal. However, lately I have opened my eyes back up to frozen meals and realized there are some pretty delicious ones on the market. They can be a great way to have a quick and relatively healthy meal on the go.
Two tips to make them a little more exciting. First, always place the meals on a real plate. You will be surprised how much food there is and not feel like you are missing out as much. Second, add extra veggies whenever possible or eat a side salad with your meal, many of the meals do not contain enough veggies and it will keep you full longer. I usually try to bring one of those quick frozen microwave vegetable pouches to warm up along with the meal. It adds volume and nutrients without the calories.
With that, here are my favorite frozen meals – what are yours?
1. Kashi Chicken Florentine – 7 PointsPlus® 290 calories
I actually could have put any of the Kashi frozen meals up here. I love them and they were actually what got me interested in trying out diet friendly frozen meals again. Normally with this meal, I add in about 1/2 can of crushed Italian tomatoes to up the veggies and enhance the flavor.
2. Lean Cuisine Chicken Enchiladas Suizas – 7 PointsPlus® 290 calories
This has always been one of my favorites and still is. I love the flavor of the sour cream and cheese sauce on the enchiladas and it doesn’t feel like diet food to me at all. The rice isn’t great, but the enchiladas make up for it. To spice up the rice portion, I usually add in some frozen onions and peppers and a little chili powder.
I love macaroni and cheese, and this is one of my favorite frozen versions that doesn’t have millions of calories. However, I only like this macaroni and cheese when I add to it – usually for me it is either a can of crushed Mexican tomatoes or a bunch of broccoli. I also like it with a lot of fresh pepper.
4. Smart Ones Santa Fe Style Rice and Beans – 8 PointsPlus® 310 calories
This is another staple for me, probably because I never really feel hungry after eating it from all of the fiber. On days that I am really hungry, I add some sliced chicken breast to amp up the protein even more.
5. Amy’s Brown Rice & Vegetables Bowl – 7 PointsPlus® 260 calories
This is one of those frozen meals that is really satisfying and you just feel good eating it. It is simple – just brown rice and veggies, but delicious. Sometimes I add some black beans or chicken to this to add some additional protein, or even tofu if I have some around.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes directly in your inbox.
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken September 2, 2015 0 comments
- Persian Chicken Kabobs September 1, 2015 1 comment
- Grilled Summer Vegetables August 31, 2015 0 comments
- $25 Healthy Meal Plans Special & Week 36 Meal Plan August 29, 2015 0 comments
- Cheesy “Fried” Mozzarella Bites & SkinnyTaste Giveaway October 13, 2014 113 comments
- Healthy Hiking with LÄRABAR & a Giveaway! October 26, 2014 113 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 76 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Cooking 101
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out