Lately I have been emailed lots of requests for Asian recipes. Apparently I am not the only one with serious takeout cravings at the moment. I honestly would have been happy sitting on the couch every night last week catching up on the DVR and eating Asian take-out from the carton. Not the prettiest picture but about all I wanted to do. You know the kind of week I mean, when you have a ton of work to do but your brain keeps telling you to creep over to the couch, put away your computer, and cross your fingers you wake up and everything magically got done. If only that happened in real life. Anyway…here are some of my favorite recipes to make your own Asian takeout at home.
1. Sesame Chicken, 5 P+, 180 calories
I think about making this about once a week. That’s how much I love it. Honestly. If you are a fan of sesame chicken from your favorite Chinese restaurant, try this at home version. It saves you over 400 calories a serving and tastes incredible. I make it all the time.
2. Slow Cooker Butter Chicken, 6 P+, 240 calories
It’s hard for me to order anything other than butter chicken when I go out for Indian food. I know there are healthier choices, but there is nothing I love as much. Sweet and spicy, scooped up in hot Naan bread – nothing beats it. The only problem – it is loaded with butter and cream and has about a million calories. Instead try this slow cooker version at home and save your waist line.
3. Healthy Fried Rice, 3 P+, 128 calories
After trying about a thousand healthier fried rice recipes I finally found one I liked. It works great as a side to any Asian inspired meal and is a great way to use up leftover rice or even scrambled eggs. I like mine with lots of soy sauce and a splash of Duck sauce when I can find it.
4. Coconut Curry Shrimp, 4 P+, 160 calories
When you are in the mood for a Thai curry, reach for this lighter version instead. Typical curries are full of high calorie coconut milk which makes them full of fat and calories. This lightened up version relies on lower fat coconut milk, lots of veggies, and shrimp to cut the calories by more than half.
5. Skinny Crab Rangoon, 1 P+, 51 calories and Egg Rolls, 2 P+, 85 calories
Sometimes all you want is the crunchy, salty appetizers that are typical with most Chinese takeout. This lightened up versions of Crab Rangoon and Egg rolls will help you to get the same flavor at home without all the fat. Serve them as an appetizer or full meal and all your crispy, crunchy cravings will be satiated.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes directly in your inbox.
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Sunday Slow Cooker: Black Beans May 23, 2015 0 comments
- Friday Five: Twenty Delicious Memorial Day Recipes May 22, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy & Week 22 Meal Plan May 21, 2015 0 comments
- Kale, Quinoa, and Cherry Salad May 20, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Hiking with LÄRABAR & a Giveaway! October 26, 2014 113 comments
- Cheesy “Fried” Mozzarella Bites & SkinnyTaste Giveaway October 13, 2014 112 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 75 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Cooking 101
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out