Some days are long, too long, and at the end of them all you want is something cheesy and comforting. Or maybe that’s just me. Cheese is comforting, so is wine – and with this recipe you can enjoy both without ruining your diet. This is a take on a classic eggplant rollatini, lightened up. The eggplant is baked instead of fried and the rollatini is stuffed with some added veggies. This recipe only uses mozzarella, but if you want ricotta just substitute it for the mozzarella in the mixture. You could also use spinach instead of zucchini. Whatever strikes your fancy.
Serving Size: 3-4 rollatini
Nutritional Information: 230.8 calories, 6.5g of fat, 29.9g of carbohydrates, 9.6g of fiber, 15g of protein
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 5 *
Some days are long, too long, and at the end of them all you want is something cheesy and comforting. Or maybe that’s just me. Cheese is comforting, so is wine – and with this recipe you can enjoy both without ruining your diet. This is a take on a classic eggplant rollatini, lightened up. The eggplant is baked instead of fried and the rollatini is stuffed with some added veggies. This recipe only uses mozzarella, but if you want ricotta just substitute it for the mozzarella in the mixture. You could also use spinach instead of zucchini. Whatever strikes your fancy.Eggplant Rollatini
- 2 eggplant, sliced thinly (about 1/4 inch)
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 medium white onion, minced
- 1 zucchini, grated or thinly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 15 basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp Parmesan
- 1 egg white
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle the thinly sliced eggplant with salt and let sit for 15 minutes. This helps to remove the moisture. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Lay the eggplant out on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Flip over half way through.
- While the eggplant is cooking, spray a saute pan with cooking spray on medium. Add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the zucchini and garlic and cook for another 5-7 minutes until cooked through.
- Place in a bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes. Then add the 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, basil, egg white, and Parmesan. Mix together.
- Cover the bottom of your baking dish with 1 cup of marinara sauce. Then begin assembling the rollatini and placing in the baking dish. To assemble, take one eggplant and place a heaping tablespoon of the zucchini mixture at one end. Roll tightly and continue until all of the eggplant is rolled.
- Cover with the remaining sauce and place the sliced fresh mozzarella on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese and sauce is bubbly.
* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes directly in your inbox.
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken September 2, 2015 0 comments
- Persian Chicken Kabobs September 1, 2015 1 comment
- Grilled Summer Vegetables August 31, 2015 0 comments
- $25 Healthy Meal Plans Special & Week 36 Meal Plan August 29, 2015 0 comments
- Cheesy “Fried” Mozzarella Bites & SkinnyTaste Giveaway October 13, 2014 113 comments
- Healthy Hiking with LÄRABAR & a Giveaway! October 26, 2014 113 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 76 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Cooking 101
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out