Perhaps my favorite Mexican breakfast dish ever is Chilaquiles Verdes – day old tortilla chips cooked down in green salsa and finished with either chicken or eggs and some melted cheese. Definitely delicious, definitely not healthy at all. I have been playing around with recipes for this dish for awhile and finally came up with one I like. This dish is traditionally eaten for breakfast but would work anytime.
Servings: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutritional Info: 217.4 calories, 6.4 g of fat, 21.8 g of carbohydrates, .3 g of fiber, 20.8 g of protein
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 5 *
12 corn tortillas, cut into quarters to form chips
1/2 pound shredded chicken breast
1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
3 cups Roasted Salsa Verde (you could substitute a store bought green salsa)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the corn tortillas in half, and then in half again to form chips. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Cook in the oven (I just placed mine right on the oven racks) for 7-10 minutes until crisp but not burned.
3. While the tortillas are cooking, heat the salsa over low heat. Add the tortilla chips to the salsa once they are finished cooking. Stir together until the chips begin to soften slightly, about 5-8 minutes. Don’t worry if some of the chips break. Mix in the chicken.
4. Pour the whole mixture into a baking cheese and sprinkle the cheese on top. Return the dish to the oven and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes directly in your inbox.
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Friday Five: Twenty Delicious Memorial Day Recipes May 22, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy & Week 22 Meal Plan May 21, 2015 0 comments
- Kale, Quinoa, and Cherry Salad May 20, 2015 0 comments
- Egg White, Tomato, & Avocado Breakfast Sandwich May 19, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Hiking with LÄRABAR & a Giveaway! October 26, 2014 113 comments
- Cheesy “Fried” Mozzarella Bites & SkinnyTaste Giveaway October 13, 2014 112 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 75 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Cooking 101
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out