Enchiladas are the perfect little treat for a quick and delicious weekday meal. You can put them together in minutes and to me the scream comfort full of spice and ooey, gooey cheese. However to create really delicious enchiladas, but still in a flash, we are going to start with a canned enchilada sauce and doctor it up a bit with onions, red peppers, garlic, cumin, and some extra spice. You’ll be amazed how just a few tweaks really transform the sauce into something special. Then simply roll up the enchiladas and pop them in the oven. These also make a great meal with leftover turkey, so keep them in mind post turkey day.
Servings: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 enchilada
Nutritional Info: 159 calories, 5.6g of fat, 13.2g of carbohydrates, 2.2g of fiber, 14.4g of protein
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 4 *
Enchiladas are the perfect little treat for a quick and delicious weekday meal. You can put them together in minutes and to me the scream comfort full of spice and ooey, gooey cheese. However to create really delicious enchiladas, but still in a flash, we are going to start with a canned enchilada sauce and doctor it up a bit with onions, red peppers, garlic, cumin, and some extra spice. You’ll be amazed how just a few tweaks really transform the sauce into something special. Then simply roll up the enchiladas and pop them in the oven. These also make a great meal with leftover turkey, so keep them in mind post turkey day.Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cups shredded chicken or turkey breast
- 14 oz can red enchilada sauce (this Frontera sauce is excellent, but any will work)
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tsp ancho chili powder, if you want extra heat
- 1/2 tsp cumin, if you want extra heat
- 1/2 red pepper, minced
- 8 tortillas, corn or whole wheat
- 1 cup shredded low fat Mexican cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the onion, red pepper, and garlic and cook for 5-7 minutes until the onion softens. Add the enchilada sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and season with cumin and ancho chili powder for additional heat.
- Get out your baking dish and spray with cooking spray. Add enough sauce to just cover the bottom of the dish. Then begin assembling your enchiladas. Either microwave the tortillas beforehand for about 30 seconds so they are pliable before rolling them, or for more authentic enchiladas carefully dip each tortilla in the sauce before adding the chicken and rolling them up.
- Cover the enchiladas with the additional sauce, leaving some extra for serving alongside the enchiladas. Sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and toasty.
* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes directly in your inbox.
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Citrus Vinegar & Butter Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles July 30, 2015 0 comments
- Garlic Cilantro Brown Rice July 28, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy & Week 31 Meal Plan July 26, 2015 0 comments
- Sunday Slow Cooker: Chicken in Chili Verde July 26, 2015 0 comments
- Cheesy “Fried” Mozzarella Bites & SkinnyTaste Giveaway October 13, 2014 113 comments
- Healthy Hiking with LÄRABAR & a Giveaway! October 26, 2014 113 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 76 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Cooking 101
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out